Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog pound in county Wicklow?

Options
  • 10-03-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm interested in volunteer work in shelter and I'm looking for a dog pound / shelter in county Wicklow. Anyone can help me ?

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not very sure of this,ut as far as I know theres one beyond Glenealy, on the Rathdrum road. It might be before Glenealy though, although I'm very sure its not. Either way, very awkward to get to unless driving yourself. Mbe someone can clarify this for me though. Prob one closer to your area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Kruk wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm interested in volunteer work in shelter and I'm looking for a dog pound / shelter in county Wicklow. Anyone can help me ?

May be off help:) http://homepage.eircom.net/~wicklowspca/

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

Bettyboop wrote: »

Thank you kindly Bettyboop :)

Thank you kindly Bettyboop :)

Your Welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

The DSPCA is always looking for volunteers to help out at its shelter in Rathfarnham, which is only around a 20 minute drive from you. Details are on the website at www.dspca.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

GAN wrote: »
    The DSPCA is always looking for volunteers to help out at its shelter in Rathfarnham, which is only around a 20 minute drive from you. Details are on the website at www.dspca.ie

Thanks GAN. I was considering DSPCA but unfortunately I'm still on my bloody Provisional Licence so I'm not allowed go through M11/M50. Instead of motorway I would have to go through Bray, Shankill etc., so in consequences it can take much, much longer :(

Anyway, thanks for your replies. Appreciate it :)

Thanks GAN. I was considering DSPCA but unfortunately I'm still on my bloody Provisional Licence so I'm not allowed go through M11/M50. Instead of motorway I would have to go through Bray, Shankill etc., so in consequences it can take much, much longer :(

Anyway, thanks for your replies. Appreciate it :)

Forgot to mention ASH who do great work and would welcome any help.
    http://www.ashanimalrescue.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

What about the KSPCA? OK, it is the 'Kildare' SPCA, but it also encorporates West Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paulblfc

Hi there,

hi its just up road at side of where tap pub was up that road take left then right

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

paulblfc wrote: »
    hi its just up road at side of where tap pub was up that road take left then right

you're 18 months too late...

• Advertisement
Advertisement