Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Updated Maps

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Try looking behind the flipup antenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭holdfast

I have tried that number and it wont work ???? or do have the correct link ont he website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Updated my 300 with 2008 maps a while back, the other day I was trying to navigate to Delvin Co. Westmeath but when I searched for "Delvin" all that came up was Delvin bridge Co. Dublin. Can someone do a search for Delvin on their satnav and see if you get the same results?

Thanks

D-M

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭peking97

Do-more wrote: »
    Updated my 300 with 2008 maps a while back, the other day I was trying to navigate to Delvin Co. Westmeath but when I searched for "Delvin" all that came up was Delvin bridge Co. Dublin. Can someone do a search for Delvin on their satnav and see if you get the same results?

Thanks

D-M
    I have the latest maps and have the same problem as you.:(

The same problem exists for Abbeyshrule in Co. Longford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭geo1212

Hi lads, was driving to wicklow today and my garmin nuvi 310 suddenly decieded to say waypoint memory full, and now wont let me search any location, I only have it a year and dont drive for a living, I deleted all waypoints but it's still saying memory full!! Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steve584

Do-more wrote: »

Thanks

D-M

I managed to find it alright though it was a bit tedious. I find the best way to find places like small towns is try and find out a larger town that is more or less in the area that your looking for, in the case above I put in Mullingar.

So, Where to - Address - Ireland - Spell City - Mullingar - Scroll to Mullingar Co Westmeath (surprised at how many Mullingars there is!) - Skip house number by pressing done and type in Delvin at the enter street page. Press Delvin and scroll down right down at the bottom is Delvin.

Also I have found that places can be mispelt which can be frustrating and damn near impossible to find. Postcodes would be great for this kinda thing.

GPS Ireland have been doing some nice work on this however I don't know where they are at.

Simular as above for finding Abbeyshrule.

Thanks Steve...very helpful post.:cool:

geo1212 wrote: »
    Hi lads, was driving to wicklow today and my garmin nuvi 310 suddenly decieded to say waypoint memory full, and now wont let me search any location, I only have it a year and dont drive for a living, I deleted all waypoints but it's still saying memory full!! Help!

Have you tried a reset...my 250W has this feature so I suppose they all have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Aquos76 wrote: »
    It depends on what version maps came pre installed on your unit. City Navigator 2008 are the latest offering and they will remain that way up until Dec of this year at the earliest. It your unit has ver9.0 maps, then yes you may be entitled to a free upgrade. This information should be available to you on your mygarmin page.

Its unlikely that you would qualify for a free upgrade next year.

Ta very much for your help Aquos!:D
    Selig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Hi, got a nuvi 250 with v9 maps for christmas but it was bought on 26/11/07. As it was purchased before 01/12/07 what are my chances of getting the v10 upgrade for free off garmin?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

if it has not been registered already, do so now and put in todays date as your purchase date and you should be fine.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ta very much for your help Aquos!:D
    Selig

Your welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Dec McC wrote: »
    Hi, got a nuvi 250 with v9 maps for christmas but it was bought on 26/11/07. As it was purchased before 01/12/07 what are my chances of getting the v10 upgrade for free off garmin?

You should have no problems, I purchased in October and registered end Nov/begin Dec. and got the upgrade.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ricta

Hi,
    has anyone succeeded in uploading European maps into the Nuvi 200W? Either into the internal memory (is there enough of it?), or to an SD card (does that work?)?

regards

Ricta

It probably won't work to the internal memory, my experience is that the internal memory is just about large enough to store the original maps, either single region (300, 200 etc.) or the whole of Europe (350, 250 etc.) as the case may be

If you want to add more maps you'll need to add an SD memory card, 2GB is a good price point these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Just wondering do the latest versions have the full south end of M50 on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

My OH has a garmin 610 and has registered with Garmin when he bought it about one year ago. They now recommend he buy City European maps DVD. It will cost approx €100. We have tried to order this on the Garmin Website but our order just wont go through. We have phone Garmin twice we didn't get much help from them. Anyone have this problem.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Hi,
    I managed to register my sat nav online but i wasn't asked to enter a purchase date. I'm looking to get the latest maps as i only have v9 and got my sat nav as a crimbo present. How do i go about getting the latest maps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jonny2shoes

Hi all. I have City Navigator NT Europe version 9 and I have loaded it to my nuvi 310 but it wont display accurate maps has anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement

V9 was replaced late in 2007 with the new version which is officially called '2008' though you'll see some people in this forum refer to it as V10.

If you have already registered the unit with Garmin then the only way to get the 2008 maps is to buy the upgrade. If you have not registered then register now, say you bought the unit in June 2008 and you'll be able to ask for a map upgrade which will be free.

For most of the country the V9 maps should do you fine but it's when you come to one-way streets in the cities (St. Stephens Green being the best example) you can get caught out when it comes to navigation ('go to') and the unit could tell you to go the wrong way up the street.

The other deficiency with older maps is that you'll be missing sections of new motorways. In the case of V9 maps the N6 Galway motorway stops at Kinnegad, the 2008 map say it continues to Tyrellspass and the actual motorway now goes as far as Kilbeggan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jonny2shoes

Great thanks for that.

Advertisement