Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keycode in use

• 10-03-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Was playing away happily this evening then my connection to the server I was on appeared to drop. So I tried to reconnect and was informed "Keycode in use. Please try to reconnect later". So I waited a bit, tried a different server, restarted CoD, restarted my pc all to no avail. Same poxy message each time. Anyone else ever gotten this?
    I have never shown my key to anyone else so does this mean someone's hacked my account or wtf?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

It's likely the master server just has you still connected i.e. the connection on your side dropped but the master server hasn't closed the session.

I don't know how long it takes to time out a session but i'd say it'll be grand next time you try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I did get back on not long after I posted. Which in the end was a wait time of about ten minutes. It probably was that master server thing you outlined but I'm used to that taking a lot less time to resolve it self in other games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Seifer wrote: »
    I did get back on not long after I posted. Which in the end was a wait time of about ten minutes. It probably was that master server thing you outlined but I'm used to that taking a lot less time to resolve it self in other games.

It happens every few days to one of the guys in my clan, it usually takes between 10 and 15 mins for it to fix.

Advertisement