Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gary Numan Replicas 2008 Tour

• 10-03-2008 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

I couldnt make the gig in the tripod, did anyone here go to it, if so,how was it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 whatthe...

Never in Tripod before. Stage is quite close and can get a good view from where ever your standing. Place was packed. Support band (dunno who they were) were ok. Bass guitar was waaay too loud and thus drowned out the female vocalist. They only played a short set but didnt really get the recognition they deserved from a crowd made of cardboard cutouts.

Numan, consisting of a full band dressed gothic-like were quick to enter the stage. Full intro with light show etc got the crowd a little more animated than before. He opened the set with three songs from the Jagged album and then went off into his '80s tunes for most of the gig until the end when he finished with another 3/4 tunes from his more darker efforts.

I think his more up to date stuff is excellent and would have thought this would be the list for the set. But unfortunately although it was great to see him live, I walked away a little disappointed with the songs that were played. Overall, Id say it was OK. Whatever he played he did it well. But the majority of the music was not for me.....too 80's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Thanks for that! A very good review!!Theres alot of difference between his early and new stuff, most people like either one or the other,im sure it makes it difficult for him playing live to balance out both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

whatthe... wrote: »
    He opened the set with three songs from the Jagged album and then went off into his '80s tunes for most of the gig until the end when he finished with another 3/4 tunes from his more darker efforts.

oh no he didn't. there was no songs from jagged.

here's the setlist from the Numan website:

Me I disconnect from You
    Do you need the Service
    Praying to the Aliens
    We have a Technical
    I nearly married a Human
    Down in the Park
    The Crazies
    When the Machines Rock
    Only a Downstat
    The Machmen
    It must have been years
    We are so Fragile
    You are in my vision

For an encore
    Are Friends Electric
    Cars
    Every Day I Die
    Prayer for the Unborn

It was the 1979 replicas album as promised so. Im raging that i couldnt make it,aah well next time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

It was the 1979 replicas album as promised so. Im raging that i couldnt make it,aah well next time!!

yep, Replicas in full + a few other big songs.

All the Replicas songs were modernised greatly in what could be described as in the style of 'Jagged'

Quite a show! :D

• Advertisement

How did that come across, the old stuff modernised?The new jagged stuff is great.Almost rammstein like.

Advertisement