Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB what happens when loan complete?

Options
  • 10-03-2008 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Loan with AIB. It shows up as a loan account on AIB Online Banking.

I have one month left in my payments. When this direct debit goes through what happens?

Will the loan account show 0 on online banking? Will it disappear? WIll I get a letter to confirm the loan is finished?

Thanks guys. I will ring the bank tomorrow if I get a chance, but was hoping to get a friendly answer to what I guess is a pretty simple question. Just not finished off a loan before.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You should get a statement showing a balance of nil. They should also cancel DD. They'll also call you and ask you if you want another loan... or maybe not:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I have eStatements. This means I should have an eStatement with a balance of €0? Do they send out a letter or anything saying "Loan Complete" or something ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

You should get a closing statement in the post. But before that I guess someone will have to manually close the loan off and refund you if the account goes into credit. Don't forget to make sure that any standing order / direct debit used to fund the loan is closed. You might want to ring up your branch in any event.

Advertisement