Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

w00t I have been heard!

Options
2»

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Cromagpac Man from the Pleistocene epoch as seen in the Natural History Museum.

pac-man-skeleton.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

:pac: <- It's back. YAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

:pac:

Aww, I was hoping there would be a drooling smiley there. I could have used it in two of my posts today already!

Pacman is cool though! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

:pac: < feelin de lov boyz, feelin de lov

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

smiley_ghost.gifsmiley_ghost.gifsmiley_ghost.gif...t8wkl4ag0a1nbswn7r.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

DeVore wrote: »
    I suspect this is the consequence of hiring Cult. I will direct Vexorg to tube him, severely.

DeV.

Not sure about this at all lads. I heard that Cult (or "cox" as Vexorg likes to call him ... long story, no need to go into it here ...) was trying to bring in a pie chart symbol for a sales report not a pacman smiley and this is what really happened ...

046-pacman-pie-chart.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

... and another thing. I'm not even sure it looks like pacman. This pie chart explains ...

pacmanppt.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Now if we could get the Curly Dav smiley back, I'd be laughing... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    ... and another thing. I'm not even sure it looks like pacman. This pie chart explains ...

pacmanppt.gif
    If there was a nerdier picture...

...the universe would implode.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Kharn wrote: »
    Now if we could get the Curly Dav smiley back, I'd be laughing... ;)

Didn't WWM also have his own smiley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ww)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Watch out 6th, all your ghosts are belong to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Watch out 6th, all your ghosts are belong to us.

Equal rights for the dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

You guys just got your moneys worth for hiring CuLT imo! :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ok, stupid question time: what purpose does the pacman (:pac:) emoticon serve?

All the other emoticons are self-explanatory and google and wikipedia have been no help :(.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Ok, stupid question time: what purpose does the pacman (:pac:) emoticon serve?

All the other emoticons are self-explanatory and google and wikipedia have been no help :(.

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Smilies

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Overheal wrote: »
    Is that the equivalent of my house's cop-on stick? Its just a broomstick without a brush: you get hit with it for being a tit.
    The tradition of the Tube in gamer-nerd culture can largely be traced to this:
    20021030h.gif
    See wikipedia for more on how the tube tradition grew in that comic, and beyond.

When once struck by two interestingly bizarre uses of tubes in Irish military history I thought it would be a cool idea to compile them. Unfortunately those two interestingly bizarre uses of tubes in Irish military history are in fact the only interestingly bizarre uses of tubes in all Irish military history (and the second of the two involved a non-Irish mercenary hired by an Irish citizen who was not acting in any way related to the state, so doesn't completely count either).

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ah but we're game-developer nerds. we make the nerds. The cop-on stick is of superior make and quality as well.

Advertisement