Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quiet graphics card

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

I bought a new dell recently with the 256MB nVidia™ GeForce 8600GTS graphics card

Its loud as HELL and very annoying. I opened up the case and it looks to me like its the fan on it going crazy the whole time

Is there anything I can do to shut it up without compromising the safety of my computer overheating or should i just get a new one?

If so, can someone recommend a quiet graphics card? Only requirement is that it can handle dual monitors, I wont be playing games or anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

8600gts are gaming cards, not sure how you would shut up without modding it/ spending a bit on it....

I would sell it if your not going to game on it...

Nice dual dvi 7600gs here with no fan...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/141256

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

no problem!, download this program. Instal. And follow the first two steps on this page. follow all the steps if you really dont want to risk your card overheating, (but as you said, its not for gaming and intense purposes, so its probably not getting too hot anyway.

job done!

Advertisement