Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help needed !

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Thanks for looking first off !

Simple question really, looking to do a bit of styling under the hood and upgrade a few parts. Want to keep that sleeper look..

Anyways, was looking at some modified cars and seen some clear radiator hoses, that look like this;

08eclispe.JPG

I think it would look nice, but there price is very high at 199$ , can find anything else on the internet, and I think the coloured hoses look tacky.

Any ideas anyone ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

you dont need any of this rubbish but if you Really do ,

go to your local plumber shop ,

buy some clear pvc pipe , heat and bend it to your liking then buy HKS stickers or MR stickers and flog it off to some idiot who thinks they know tuner car's.... dont it a Good few times and even the smartest retard gets caught out :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Eh???

I am looking for some myself. Would that plastic not just melt, as it is not set plastic or is it set plastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

what car is it msg11?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

i like the cheaper way of doing it but if intendind to use as a show car would you get away wit it???

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

hah! wait if you can heat it and bend it in the first place does it not stand to reason that it would melt at higher temperatures? now getting hardened plastic out of youre engine bay wouldnt be fun

I think what is in the picture is some kind of tempered glass like pyrex etc.(killer glass kinda gave it away!)

Im sure theres a cheap knock off for sale somewhere though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

woop wrote: »
    hah! wait if you can heat it and bend it in the first place does it not stand to reason that it would melt at higher temperatures? now getting hardened plastic out of youre engine bay wouldnt be fun

I think what is in the picture is some kind of tempered glass like pyrex etc.(killer glass kinda gave it away!)

Im sure theres a cheap knock off for sale somewhere though

What are you talking about ?

Any input that can help me ? I know what type of glass it is, do you know where it can be made to fit my car on the cheap ?

And its a Glant

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

somebody was saying to go the diy approach and use a pvc which would melt, I was trying to help you from destroying youre car mate Id call that helpful input

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i wouldn't try to do it on the cheap like that, anything that might melt in your engine bay should be avoided!! if you want to get it done I'd reccomend saying up and getting the proper quality stuff

Advertisement