Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That "wrestling nerd" thread...

• 11-03-2008 2:09am

Although the guy failed miserably at trying to be funny, he made some decent points. Some of which i thought would make a decent discussion.

1) The stable members would have to be all overweight or really skinny with greasy hair, have no girlfriend or a equally ugly and fat girlfriend.

(Irrelevant, but anyone else think he described himself? I mean, if he has spare time to be writing such detailed spam...)

2) Be obbssed with wrestling (have 100's of videos etc). Dislike any mainstream star(eg John Cena).

(A point I'll discuss)

3) Disect every single thing WWE does.

(Because no one ever, ever, ever looked too much into star wars, lord of the rings, etc. or any thing else hugely popular that they really enjoy. A point I'll also discuss)

4) Praise everything ECW did.

(Another point I'll discuss)

5) Praise everything some idiotic Japaneese promotion do.

(Discuss)

6) Fail to realise the casual viewer likes "stupid" angles ann not 30 minute wrestling matches.

(Discuss)

7) Dislike everything TNA does even though they are only 5 years old and continue to get increased ratings everyweek.

(Discuss)

OK, So, i reckon we could have a decent dsiscussion with different things said above.

So... firstly:

Dislike any mainstream star(eg John Cena).

I've noticed this. I think its due to the enormous popularity of the internet. personally i dont think anyone really "hates" or dislikes Cena that much. I believe Cena is as good as the next man. Honoestly, I think people just wanted to be really defiant, and picking on the new guy was the way to do that. Cena's been carrying the company for a long old time now. I mean.. i have noticed that only the most hardcore of assh*les are still anti-cena.

People usually say

1) he cant wrestle - This makes the person saying it just look stupid. I mean... If cena cant wrestle.. then why are you tuning in to the company he represents? If you honestly think John Cena CANT wrestle, not that he's a bad wrestler, but these guys say he officially can NOT wrestle, then that doesnt say much for you as a fan.

Like every other established wrestler, he has a small moveset that he sticks to.

Example (ONLY INCLUDING WRESTLING MOVES, NOT ATTACK MOVES):

Shawn Michaels: Superkick, Elbow drop, Moonsault

Triple H: Pedigree, Knee to face (where he sets you up for the pedigree), spinebuster, Indian death lock.

Umaga: Body press (into 'Samoan Drop'), Big Splash, "Samoan" slam.

Undertaker: Chokeslam, DDT, Powerbomb, tombstone

Kane: Chokeslam, powerbomb, side slam.

John Cena: Throwback (Running neck snap), Stalling suplex, modfied hiptoss, FU, STFU.

So.. he easily up to scratch there.

another reason people hate him is because:

2) His character sucks! - Well.. its not his gimmick.. its WWE's gimmick. WWE tell him what to do.. what to say, where to be.. Thats like saying you hate The Miz because you dont like the design on his shorts. He doesnt hand make them himself, WWE tell him what he's wearing.

3) His belt is ridiculous looking - Again, I dont think cena sat at home for hours on end designing it. I reckon he was told he was getting a new belt and that was it. Besides. Edge wore a custom belt. Randy and Triple H have both held the spinner. Its not really Cena's belt anymore.

3) Disect every single thing WWE does.

I've noticed this about the SAVE_US.222 Promos. Why do people do that?

Well, i admit i watched the videos a few times, but not to disect them, more so because i thought the background music was awesome as hell.

I do think that looking into things too much can be a bit irritating, but it makes WWE move a bit faster. It makes them think ahead more. The minute people sussed the 222 thing was Jericho, WWE switched and started putting in HBK clues, as he was coming back too, and it was to throw people off track.

Hell.. whats wrong with having fun?

4) Praise everything ECW did

This one does annoy me. ECW was a nothing promotion. It died a miserable death, and it nevre accomplished much. However, AFTER it was long dead and buried, it became popular!

Again, I think this is due to the freeness of the internet. Conversation example:

Man1: Yeah i know lots about wrestling. i always watched it.

Man2: Yeah did you watch ECW?

Man1: No, was never really into it to be honest

Man2: Pfft. you dont know anything about wrestling loser!

therefore, man1 believe that he has to pretend he watched ECW in order to be taken seriously. Dont get me wrong, no doubt there are some hardcore ECW fans out there. Every show has its fans. But i think, like hating Cena, a lot of people say they watched ECW the whole time just to sound "cool", even though the only ECW they most likely saw was stuff WWE showed in promos for one night stand.

Personally i was never a big ECW fan. Whenever i watched it i usually just seen some guys getting cut open and bleeding and stuff like that. Nothing that impressed me at all. I mean, if i wana see someone getting hurt i'll watch jackass, at least they'll make me laugh.
    Im not trying to attack ECW fans. everyone has their own likes and dislikes, but those are my reasons for not being a fan of it.

Praise everything some idiotic Japaneese promotion do.

See above, ECW.

Fail to realise the casual viewer likes "stupid" angles and not 30 minute wrestling matches.

... Thats a horrible point. So, the casual viewer (casual meaning someone who watches wrestling when theres nothing else on TV) wants to watch "stupid angles" and short matches?

Thats news to me. Almost every casual fan i know likes long drawn out feuds, because they arent lost when they tune back into it, and most of them hate the angles in the first place, and enjoy seeing a long wrestling match instead of a short match, followed by someone talking on a microphone.

Dislike everything TNA does even though they are only 5 years old and continue to get increased ratings everyweek.

The analogy is backwards here. Your standard cena-hating ''nerd'' loves TNA.

Its the way of being defiant to WWE. Watch the other promotion.

However.. In my opinion.. TNA are over and done with.

2007 was the worst year in WWE history more than likely. Plagued by deaths, injuries, cancelled storylines, negative controversy... man, ot couldnt get worse.

That was the year TNA could finally become number 1. But they blew it with stupid ass storylines and crappy gimmick matches that no one cares about.

The reason above is why i hate TNA.

They had the potential to be the best. But they blew it. They had a chance that every other promotion would love to have.. and they ruined it for themselves.

And dont give me this crap that TNA are only 5 years old and dont count them out because WCW took that long to get somewhere.

Bullsh*t. WCW didnt have the most powerful promoting tool in the world to use as easily as TNA can... the Internet.

TNA can reach people all over the globe rather easily. They cant be compared to WCW. WCW went out and busted their ass for years to get noticed. when they got noticed, people tuned it. TNA are noticed.. but people just dont care.

I honestly dont see WWE ever losing the number 1 spot. There will never be another ECW/WCW promotion. TNA are as big now as i think they ever will be.

Well.. those are my opinions... what are yours?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Please let this thing die...

You made some good points but I don't see the reason to be giving a trolling attempt any more steam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement