Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Radio

Options
  • 11-03-2008 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭

I have a 00 Clio, and the Radio has gone kaputt, a friend of mine changed his radio in a focus and the paddle on the steering wheel doesnt work, any ideas on what types of connections/spec is needed when buying a radio to make sure the paddles still work?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Think it has to be a factory stereo to work.. but not 100% sure..

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

A renault clio radio if be guessing. I know for my mams peugeot 206 when I wanted to change the radio, id loose the paddles.
    My guess is the connector for the paddles connects uniquely to clio's own radio, and the radio itself is built to transmit commands from the paddle to appropriate commands in the radio. Unless the new radio you get can interpret these commands (which i doubt it will unless its a stock radio) it wont work.

Its a new clio radio and keep the paddles or new different radio and no paddles. Your call. A scrappy might have a clio radio for ya for cheap if you take that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

Hi,
    Does anything at all happen when you switch it on, eg. display works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

are all the wires the same when you convert ( i.e do all the same wires connect to he same ports ? ) also is it a radio madeto support the clio itself ??

Advertisement