Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gun what should it be ???

Options
  • 11-03-2008 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone give me some advice on which shotgun to get im looking to get into clay pigeon shooting and have no idea what kind of gun to get i was told if i can afford it to get a Browning or Beretta that they would last for life any ideas ???
    Thanks Guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Well, if you can afford one, a new Beretta or Browning would certainly be an excellent investment.
    A good used one would be more affordable.
    Lanber and Bettinsoli are well regarded brands lower down the price scale.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

First thing is to decide which discipline you want to shoot - Trap, Sporting or Skeet. There's a different gun for each!
    If you want to do a bit of everything, then get a multi choke sporter.
    The most important point is that the gun fits.
    You won't go too far wrong with a Beretta or Browning and there's plenty of good second hand models around. Bad news is they hold their value well and are not the cheapest. Good news is they hold their value well so when it comes to trading in.......

Advertisement