Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle Launch

• 11-03-2008 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Anyone else watch the shuttle launch this morning? It was quite spectular here.I was approx 10 miles away and we could feel the heat from it! The cloud level was very low (approx 1000 ft) so it didnt last very long. I have pics that i will add tomorrow. Its 3:08 in the morning here, ive to be up in 4 and a half hours and now i have to listen to huey's and hercules' flying over for the next two hours >.<

Worth it though :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

electric69 wrote: »
    Anyone else watch the shuttle launch this morning?

This is boards.ie, the .ie part suggesting that we're in Ireland... we, therefore, missed the launch... :p
    Still though, I'm definately going to fly over there at some stage in the future for a shuttle launch, I'd love to see one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

electric69 wrote: »
    and now i have to listen to huey's and hercules' flying over for the next two hours

Aw poor you :mad:so f**king jealous:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

The one time I was in Cocoa beach, they only had one launch. I think it was a Titan IV, and went up just as we were on final approach to the airport. The pilot announced that it was launching visible from the left side of the aircraft. I had a lovely window seat on the right hand side :(

KSC is fantastic though. I'd love to go back, ideally to see a launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

6418452a7122153649l.jpg

6418452a7125760544l.jpg

6418452a7125760611l.jpg

It looked awsome at night!

Advertisement