Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ports water supply?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

kikel i see the bottle bank at the school is all cleared up, seen it yesterday evening, ya must of done some good, you and sydthebeat

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Nothing to do with me.

Well at least theres room for all our bottles now:D, i will be there for about 4 hrs this evening id say:D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

You sound like a becks drinker;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

On your right hand side as you go out the portlaoise rd from Supervalue.... its about a stones throw from that corner where you either turn left to go up foxcroft or right to go out to portlaoise.... Right beside where CV lives :)

Nope, don't live there I'm afraid! But college is in Portlaoise so I come home that way, through the town...

Is the new fire station the building by the flood plain that's opposite the back of Fletchers??

And another question....when you talk about the Link Road, which road exactly is it??

• Advertisement

yeah that looks like the new fire station behind fletchers hardware and that is the link road.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ports best wrote: »
    kikel i see the bottle bank at the school is all cleared up, seen it yesterday evening, ya must of done some good, you and sydthebeat

nothing to do with me either.....

i just got onto laois co co to get more up and running in the laois side.....

CV, the link road is the road from teh square to teh credit union / simming pool. This road only came into existance about 10 years ago (?)... before that main street was two-way.... imagine that!!:eek:

undecided wrote: »
    You sound like a becks drinker;)[/QUOT

becks lol lol.. good one undecided

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

sydthebeat wrote: »
    CV, the link road is the road from teh square to teh credit union / simming pool. This road only came into existance about 10 years ago (?)... before that main street was two-way.... imagine that!!:eek:

Jaysus h! How in the name of God could that ever have been a 2 way st? And what used to be on the link road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 unifilvet

ports best wrote: »
    they were at it so for about 2 hrs i think, any word on that girl from lough gate
    Apparently shes fine, although i dont think she will be having any CHIPS for awhile !!!

• Advertisement

Kingdom wrote: »
    And what used to be on the link road?

cow.JPG

nice one kikel i think they will get the picture from that anyway.. is that one of seany horans cows i wonder:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Can't be, it's not wearing wellies and a snorkel!!

Kikel, make it happen LOL!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

I moved down from to Port from Dublin in August and I would drink the water no bother but most of the time put it through a filter jug before using it in the kettle because the limescale is awful :mad: I still have a load of things to get for my house and one of the items on my wishlist is a water filtration system. I knew it wouldn't come cheap anyway so I'll keep saving! :D

When I go home to Waterford I really appreciate the water there, it tastes fantastic (well it does in Tramore anyway) but between college and work I've lived in Dublin and Cork and just got used to water not tasting as nice. I love water but I would not buy bottled still water unless the water was coming brown out of the tap. I'm mean like that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

if anyone wants a water filter system or just a tap or even just a quote. my uncle is in the water filter business. we already have a tap in the kitchen but we are now getting the full system put in as we are sick of the limescale in the bathrooms and our skin is so dry.

but if you want more info i have leaflets or better still you can call 01 862 3040 for more info. Tell them Jenn referred you! :D

Sorry to bump this thread but I've had enough. I'm sick of the water in our house. My skin is wrecked from the lime, and I'm fed up of the blizzard everytime I run my hand over my head!

I'll be needing a full house system, wondering if any has any recommendations? Also what price should I expect to pay?

Ruby, I think I may have contacted your link, a certain clenGo perhaps? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 metroman_12000

Hi Kingdom, I don't know Ruby and she didn't contact me. Regarding Glenco, I don't think they are around anymore. I am getting a huge amount of calls from people who have their system installed but can not get service. I attempted to service some units months back but found there were no spare parts available this side of Hong Kong and when I tried to order them I was told I would have to take at least 100 pieces :(. I will install a "whole house" system in Port for €850.00. A seperate drinking filter and tap will cost an extra €175.00. Have a look at www.aquatreatment.ie. If you want references in your area please let me know, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Port plumber Tommy Comerford, Patrick Street, installed water softener for me a few years ago...no problems since and hes only a phone call away 0872510317 if I have any in future.....no connection other than a very happy client,he has looked after all my plumbing needs for many years and I have no hesitation recommending him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 metroman_12000

Tommy Comerford is an EXCELLENT plumber. He buys his water softeners from me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

has anyones pipes frozen,i'm in crann nua and our water has been gone for 2 days now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

has anyones pipes frozen,i'm in crann nua and our water has been gone for 2 days now.

Ours just went this morning (railway mews). Bit random considering today seems to be a bit warmer than previous days.

budhabob wrote: »
    Ours just went this morning (railway mews). Bit random considering today seems to be a bit warmer than previous days.
    Yeah what i was thinking as we have had colder nights and days with no problems

irelandspurs I'm in the same estate and our water ran out as I was having a bloody shower this afternoon. According to the council, a pump broke up in corrig, and was due to be fixed this evening.

Kingdom wrote: »
    irelandspurs I'm in the same estate and our water ran out as I was having a bloody shower this afternoon. According to the council, a pump broke up in corrig, and was due to be fixed this evening.
    Our neighbours have water either side of us,Its amazing how stuck we are when we don't have water,might knock on and ask them can i have a bath:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

In the same vote as Irelandspurs. - In Whitefields
    No water since Friday - as i was stuck up in Dublin with the weather for 2 days-.
    Both our neighbours have water and one side have been filling up bucket loads for us.
    Pipes inside ok as water coming from bath and hot tap in kitchen and when we flush the loo theres water tricking in.Pain in the back side filling the tank
    Pipes must be frozen on the way in - hopefully it'll be back in the next day for 2 as its now a little cooler.
    Rang Plumber and nothing can be done he said if theres no cold water coming in at kitchen,...
    Hope it comes back soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

hubby has had to fill the tank up in the attack, which is a pain and a lot of hard work, we had the cival defence around last nite asking us had we had water, as we had a trickle coming in, mind u its the colour of pee, they said nothing they can do.
    The pressure in are rd, marian hill is like this the whole time, could be fine for weeks then nothing, when u have kids out in the summer playing coming home and then no water its a nitemare, told nothing they can do. maybe they should have thought of the water system and did something about it before they kept building houses

our water came back on at 3 this morning so if anyone who still has no water your more than welcome to fill bottles here or have a shower if needs be,i'm in crann nua.

Advertisement