Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecon 13

• 11-03-2008 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Sign-ups are live for gamecon 13. it's on 2nd-4th May in the Spa Hotel Lucan.
    CoD4 Will be one of the biggest comps at it. http://www.gamecon.ie/
    See ya there!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KamiKazi will we team up and own them all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

So whats the deal? Are there compititions people can enter?? I can't seem to find any info on any of the compititions that might be taking place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 G'Con'Bilco

full details on the comps will be up soon..:-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Animate should be going with our core lineup, but if we need a 5th we'll definitely give you a shout Steffano ;)

And sorry bout the other thread didnt see it :o delete pls

So any other Irish teams going? ( I'm looking at you GFF, Bit, Btc, iE and all the other irish clan i cant remember ).

No fun winning a tourney if we're the only team in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Raspberry

Hope I wont be the only girl there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

If I was to team up with a couple of mates and enter, would we end up getting pajojoned all the time by regular clans? I guess what I mean is - do many "amateurs" enter, or are they all regular teams? I can hold my own on xbl, but I don't want to be humiliated:o

Raspberry wrote: »
    Hope I wont be the only girl there.
    Doubt you'll be the only girl there, but the more the merrier anyway.
    tbh wrote: »
    If I was to team up with a couple of mates and enter, would we end up getting pajojoned all the time by regular clans? I guess what I mean is - do many "amateurs" enter, or are they all regular teams? I can hold my own on xbl, but I don't want to be humiliated:o
    The CoD4 comp is on PC, not Xbox but if you mean a PC clan then make up a fun clan, it will be a laugh if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

What where the date last year? Thought it was on later, or maybe thats just me.

Edit: Yes it was. Silly me.

Full.Duck wrote: »
    What where the date last year? Thought it was on later, or maybe thats just me.

Edit: Yes it was. Silly me.

iE planning on going?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

unlikely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Hopefully some IE will make it.

But we have a lot of members doing college exams /leaving cert round then unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah its highly unlikely that =)BiT(= will be there either. Its a shame, I would have loved to be able to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Those dates are stupid as hell, put it AFTER all college exams/leaving cert.

Come on guys, support the Irish LAN scene!

The dates have been changed to accomadate all the "college students" to the 2nd-4th may.
    And yes there will be lots of irish cod teams there including some of the best players in the country ( the Clanbase team ireland).So it's definitly worth going if you fancy taking on the best (most of em anyway)
    format will be 5v5 S+D,prizes still unknown.
    So sign up now and pay early get a tenner off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Will probably go if I can find 4 other players somehow... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

console gaming could attract a good crowd for halo 3, cod4, gears of war and maybe rainbow six vegas it they were organised properly and promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I was assuming it was PC gaming, and not console gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

ya i know that but im saying if they organised some good console competition at gamecon that it could attract a larger audience. they have cocsole competitions but nobody ever hears of them. There is a large competitive cod4 xbox scene in ireland and also really big halo 3 scene.

• Advertisement

Well if you go to the Gamecon site and post your suggestions on the forums, then the comps you want can be arranged.It takes the input of the community to help these lans to succeed. I'm sure a 360 CoD4 tourny could easily be arranged and as far as I know there already is a halo comp on.
    But the more that come the better and more competitive these competitions become.

Eh, Im having xhtml errorswhen trying to open the gamecon website in IE, any ideas. Cant install FF in work.

So are the new dates 2nd-4th May then??

yep, they sure are.

are BiT coming?

Not sure about the rest of my Clan members, although might come myself. It would be my first time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Would the COD4 be hardcore of Non HC ??

Non-hardcore of course

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Terrible dates.

The dates were changed...

• Advertisement

What's the story with food and beverages, are they going to supply them? Surely they must cater for people being there for 2 days.

Residence bar anyone :)

Advertisement