Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage Repair Issue - Replaced Timing belt failed

Options
  • 11-03-2008 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All..

I looking for advice on a problem i have at the moment.

I had the Timing belt & Fan belt in my car replaced last April 07 by a local garage.
    Roughly around the start of Feb this year (5k miles later) i noticed the engine noise was getting louder and the battery wasnt charging properly.

Then last week the engine packed in all together, i had the car towed to the same garage who then told me that the Timing Belt had slipped. He wasnt aware he had only changed the belt last year.

The bill for the new engine parts & labour is now going to rise above €1,200.

Can anyone tell me if i have any comeback against this Garage?
    Can i state that the service was not provided up to standard ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Generally, warranty on parts are only covered if fitted by the main dealer e.g. volkswagon fitting it to a golf. Though they should assist in the cost as its obviously not your fault as you did get the work done.

Advertisement