Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The never ending Laois general chat thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Steve_o we know you're just gonna go into the main pub and have a nose first!!!!

Untrue... truth be told, this'll be my 3rd or 4th time EVER in the pint o port, not a big fan of the place tbh, so no 'nosing' will be done! I generally frequent the Anvil. It should be a laugh, another boardsie called orangerooster is comin down aswell i think, he's a friend of mine. He's the HMod of the LNA forum and was the Mod of Laois for a short while a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

To everyone really...it's not a dating night or a knitting patterns night or anything ~ it's just a bit of craic putting faces to names and maybe widening your 'friend' circle in the town that's all. We've all bumped into someone we met at the last meet since then and it's nice just saying hi to someone in your own small enough town. I know that I work in Dublin and my social life seems to be around Dublin and it's great being able to expand my Portarlington Pals!!

It's always a little awkward for the first 10 minutes but believe me, the slagging kicks off pretty early and gets better after a pint or two...

Go on, be devils and come out for one....in the words of Mrs Doyle, go on, go on, go on! :D

Well put Curvy! Couldnt have said it better myself! Poor ports best! We will give him some hard time altogether! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

ah shur im well used to gettin a hard time ruby... poor me:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Steve_o wrote: »
    It should be a laugh, another boardsie called orangerooster is comin down aswell i think, he's a friend of mine. He's the HMod of the LNA forum and was the Mod of Laois for a short while a while back.

Bring ya band!!!! We'll have a session!!

ports best wrote: »
    ah shur im well used to gettin a hard time ruby... poor me:o

Ah but its good you can take it with a pinch of salt! we all love the banter!

• Advertisement

Bring ya band!!!! We'll have a session!!

Lol... bringing them might turn the night into a complete rock n roll boozing frenzy that lasts til sunday night.... <has happened before>

Lol... bringing them might turn the night into a complete rock n roll boozing frenzy that lasts til sunday night.... <has happened before>

ooh sounds like fun!!!!

Ruby-J wrote: »
    ooh sounds like fun!!!!

Oh they are...

Just make sure to book monday off work!:D

Oh they are...

Just make sure to book monday off work!:D

Done!!!!!

Can I sing with you??? Can I, can I, can I???????

Done!!!!!

Can I sing with you??? Can I, can I, can I???????

You can sing with Them... i'm gonna be at the bar getting pi**ed :D... Are ye all planning on staying the pinto for the night???

• Advertisement

jaysus i duno about stayin in the snug in the pinto for the night that could be to much fun,

jaysus i duno about stayin in the snug in the pinto for the night that could be to much fun,

Sarcasm???

well the last time the night flew in and we were there until 11.40pm or so!!!

We could always head on to the circus!!!! :p

prob bad sarcasm stevo, the circus sounds like a good option ruby, or else leg-ends that is a feckin circus

Or else leg-ends that is a feckin circus

PORTS BEST- YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!!!!

Are we doing that "last one to arrive buys the first round" again??? :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Hi all how we all today? no way amI goin near that legends 2nite would rather go knacker drinkin! lol

Are we doing that "last one to arrive buys the first round" again??? :D:D:D

No....:D

I think.. the last in should get a drink bought for me them....:p

:p no way stevo,,, just to clarify theres is no way in hell am i going to the leg-ends i was statein a fact that it is a circus thats all. howdy undecided

No....:D

I think.. the last in should get a drink bought for me them....:p

lol

i was kidding stevo! :D

• Advertisement

:p no way stevo,,, just to clarify theres is no way in hell am i going to the leg-ends i was statein a fact that it is a circus thats all. howdy undecided

Ah now the legends club is a very well respected establis.....

lol, no way i could finish that sentence with a straight face!:D

lol

Its not fair tho we port ppl have no where good to go after closing!:(

Ah now the legends club is a very well respected establis.....

so is that why they have the spelling of hoodies on the door as hoddies????

so is that why they have the spelling of hoodies on the door as hoddies????

lol, seriously?? Well that sums it up doesn't it!!

Thats what i love about being a regular in the Anvil, normally get served til 1 or or a little after and not kicked out til near 2 on a good night... also the rugby club is a laugh sometimes if you dont mind stepping over teeny boppers.

yeh serious!!! check it the nxt time ur going in!!!

defo not going to rugby club! i nealry collapsed with the laughter when i went there a year ago and they were all dancing to rhiannas umbrella song with ....wait for it....umbrellas up over their heads and they were indoors!!! :rolleyes:

well the last time the night flew in and we were there intil 11.40pm or so!!!

We could always head on to the circus!!!! :p

Well that shows the level of booze in your blood that night young lady!! It was nearly one when we went over to the Leg-End!!!

Well that shows the level of booze in your blood that night young lady!! It was nearly one when we went over to the Leg-End!!!

was it??? well i dont wear a watch so that was the last time i think i glanced at my mobile!!! lol!!! :D

lol I thought u were messing! yoou dont miss much! I heard the rugby clubs can be good sometime as well!

yeh i know! im a bit of a spelling and grammar freak when it comes to notices and sign posts!!! :D:D:D

now you know im a language freak! :cool:

• Advertisement

undecided wrote: »
    lol I thought u were messing! yoou dont miss much! I heard the rugby clubs can be good sometime as well!

That's cos I was the well behaved sober one....drinking cream soda for the evening...:)

Advertisement