Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The never ending Laois general chat thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭shortcorner

My My has everybody been busy the last couple of days lol. Sounds like you all have too much time on your hands he he!

Nice puppy Ruby, I'm sure she'll be chewing everything!

Ruby I think'll it will have to be the 22nd as 21st is Good Friday unless you have the keys to the pub :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I've got keys to every pub in town

Brick.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

Come visit Mountrath sure we have a garage or two, a pub or two and feck all else:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

hey everyone cant do Sat 22nd maybe the sunday (bank holiday next day I thinK?) prob alot of people goin away? am ok for the following wkend

As for the caneras - dont fancy my pic being posted up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

kikel wrote: »
    I've got keys to every pub in town

Brick.jpg

LMAO!!! lol kikel ye crack me up!

oops my bad shortcorner...i forgot it was easter weekend. i hate the fact easter changes every year!!! grrr

k we are looking at the following weekend then 28th?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

d 28th would be good for me ruby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Ah yeah go on ~ I'll dig out my dark glasses and false nose!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

As i said, i can't commit to anything. But i've got nothing in the way of weddings , birthdays etc. lined up for that weekend.

so we say friday the 28th about 8pm at .....where???? o'deas? pint o port?

Never been in either of them so can't help.

My experience extends to the Anvil, Weighbridge and Tom's Bar!!!

Hey, we could do karaoke at the Weighbridge.........'First I was afraid, I was petrified...............'

• Advertisement

Hey, we could do karaoke at the Weighbridge.........'First I was afraid, I was petrified...............'

eh the point of this meet exercise is to make friends not make enemies and the way i sing id probably make you all move out of town!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Im okay for d 28th!

Curvey the last time I was in Toms went in for the last drink and was a man about 90 with long white hair singing on the mic they let him sing for ages I ended up goin skiping off to sum where else did my head in!.....so if he there i'm goin!:rolleyes: Dont really mind where we meet so long as it not that burbages place on the main st!

so its the 28th for definite so,, cool lookin forward to it, do you like singin in the karaoke curvy

ports best wrote: »
    so its the 28th for definite so,, cool lookin forward to it, do you like singin in the karaoke curvy

99.9% sure its 28th yeh! :D

sound as aul pound ruby

Give me enough gin and I'll sing anything anywhere pb :D:eek:

thats something to look forward to as well so

• Subscribers Posts: 41,712 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

undecided wrote: »
    Im okay for d 28th!

Curvey the last time I was in Toms went in for the last drink and was a man about 90 with long white hair singing on the mic they let him sing for ages I ended up goin skiping off to sum where else did my head in!.....so if he there i'm goin!:rolleyes: Dont really mind where we meet so long as it not that burbages place on the main st!

:D its probably 'the muller' duffy you are referring to....

hes also infamous for his 'stripping' for hen nights etc..... *puke bucket handy*

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Why dont you do a pub crawl through a few of the local hotspots....
    You could start in Mick Finlays, through The P of P, O'Deas, Toms, Anvil, Gogartys, Weighbridge, right up to the Barrow Lodge.....
    Although I think chances are O'Deas would be the final stop.
    Obviously until you find a way out to the Rugby Club.

Well you can count me in. I mean for the drinks not the singing. I would definitely clear the pub out if I started singing lol

• Advertisement

jaysus syd that muller duffy is some site isnt he, welcome to boards silent rain, you meeti n up with us on d 28th;)

Thanks PB,
    If am down will drop in, but as I am one of those tortured souls that goes up n down to Dublin every day, am not sure what time I'll be around at.
    What was the final decision on the venue ?
    I hear the Weighbridge has gone to pot since it was bought by those 2 Monaghan boys....
    I suppose I could just check a few local hotspots for a drinking crowd with name tags :)

weighbridge is nearly fecked Silent, i dont think we made a final decision yet, we will leave that to ruby j and curvy vixen:p

weighbridge is nearly fecked Silent, i dont think we made a final decision yet, we will leave that to ruby j and curvy vixen:p

Lol! Its wherever we all want! lol. itl be about 8pm though. id say p o p or o'deas are the best shot for starting off as theyre smaller and will create a bit of an atmosphere! :D

That's sounds good, I know from being in the P O P on a Friday at that time that it is very quiet. Don't know about O'deas as I havent ventured that far yet. Glad to hear Mini is on the mend:)

That's sounds good, I know from being in the P O P on a Friday at that time that it is very quiet. Don't know about O'deas as I havent ventured that far yet. Glad to hear Mini is on the mend:)

thanks shortcorner! :)

yep that sounds good, o,deas should not be that packed either at that time,

So we have a total of 9??

Thats curvy vixen, undecided, shortcorner, ports best, stevoman, silent rain, kikel, sydthebeat and me ruby j.

So we are meeting at o'dea's or pint o port?

I'm there, but as it might be closer to 9.30 before I arrive.
    I dont mind asking a group if they are Port's Best or Ruby J, but I'm not going around looking for a Curvy Vixen... that could be how those voilent nights out start....
    If you're going to O Dea's dont grab the seats beside the door going to the smoking area, they did up their toilets recently enough and somehow the smell tends to creep out in that direction. Aside from that this is a great pub.
    If you're going to the P O P, are you heading to the Snug, the back or the bit in between ?

• Advertisement

dunno silent rain. when we get more votes on either or we will choose.

which venue would you prefer?

Advertisement