Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The never ending Laois general chat thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Curvy you were supposed to keep that a secret!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Sorry Rubes, he made me do it!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Dammit, as I'm in work, I dont see pictures.... but I'm thinking that I'm missing out on a lot.... Ruby if you can print off whatever it is maybe A1 size, you can bring it along with the rest of your paraphernalia ( the creme egg, doggy lampshade etc. ).... it all helps with identification....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

oh jaysus silent its savage OMG OMG:p

doggy lampshade ....

Now you've defo taken it too far buddy!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

www.speedysigns.com

• Advertisement

I meant that in the nicest possible way. If any reference to your mini-lampshade was unsuitable I instantly retract the statement. I'm sure puppy is charming. (Actually I did manage to see those pics, so I know as such). (Great they manage to allow pictures of cute puppies, but block off the good pictures, what kind of people do I work for ????)

Keep grovelling!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Ruby don't believe Silent Rain ~ he just sent me this recipe on the sly!!!!

Dog curry
    Serves 4

Ingredients
    1 very little cute doggie knicked from Ruby!!
    4-6 medium tomatoes
    1 medium onion
    4 tbsp vegetable oil
    3cm/1in piece root ginger
    2 garlic cloves
    1-2 mild green chillies
    1 tsp ground coriander
    1 tsp ground cumin
    ¼ tsp ground turmeric
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    100ml/3½fl oz water
    1 free-range chicken, jointed into 8 pieces, or 8 thighs and/or drumsticks
    2 tbsp yoghurt
    1 lime (or lemon)
    a small bunch of coriander leaves
    cooked rice, to serve

Method
    1. To skin the tomatoes, nick the skin of each tomato with the point of a sharp knife, then put the tomatoes in a bowl next to the sink and pour over some very hot water from the kettle to cover. Count to 20, then carefully pour away the water. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel away the skin, halve the tomatoes, squeeze out most of the pips and juice into an empty bowl, and discard. Chop the flesh roughly and put it down on a plate to one side.
    2. Peel and finely chop the onion. Fry the onion in the vegetable oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over low to medium heat for about ten minutes, stirring from time to time so that it turns an even golden brown. Watch carefully to make sure it doesn't burn.
    3. Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the ginger and the garlic.
    4. Slit the chilli using a sharp knife. Slice the flesh away from the cluster of seeds in the middle. Avoid touching any part of the chilli with your fingers if you can, as it is very easy to get chilli in your eyes, and that will sting. You can use a fork to hold the chilli down or wear rubber gloves. Chop the chilli finely.
    5. Measure the ground spices into a teacup. Add the ginger, garlic and chilli to the pan, stir them around and fry for another minute or so. If you want your curry to be hot as well as spicy, include some or all of the chilli seeds. Then add the spices in the cup into the onions. Fry the spices for a minute or two, stirring all the time so that they do not stick. Add some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
    6. Pour in the water and the tomatoes, bring to the boil, turn down the heat a little and let the sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes.
    7. Add the dog pieces to the pan and stir them around so they are covered with the sauce. Put the lid on the pan, turn the heat down and let the chicken cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Dog thighs will take longer to cook than breast pieces.
    8. Now add the yoghurt to the dog and stir it in. When the sauce is gently bubbling again, scoop up a little in a teaspoon, blow it cool and taste it. The sauce will probably taste quite sweet because of the tomatoes. Cut the lime in half and squeeze its juice into the sauce. Stir and taste again, and decide whether you want to add the second half.
    9. Finally, chop the fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle them on to the curry just before you serve it with the rice

ruby dont mind curvy shes still tryin to get you to become a gooner, shes lieing you believe silent rain hes a good lad

Ruby don't believe Silent Rain ~ he just sent me this recipe on the sly!!!!

Dog curry
    Serves 4

Ingredients
    1 very little cute doggie knicked from Ruby!!
    4-6 medium tomatoes
    1 medium onion
    4 tbsp vegetable oil
    3cm/1in piece root ginger
    2 garlic cloves
    1-2 mild green chillies
    1 tsp ground coriander
    1 tsp ground cumin
    ¼ tsp ground turmeric
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    100ml/3½fl oz water
    1 free-range chicken, jointed into 8 pieces, or 8 thighs and/or drumsticks
    2 tbsp yoghurt
    1 lime (or lemon)
    a small bunch of coriander leaves
    cooked rice, to serve

Method
    1. To skin the tomatoes, nick the skin of each tomato with the point of a sharp knife, then put the tomatoes in a bowl next to the sink and pour over some very hot water from the kettle to cover. Count to 20, then carefully pour away the water. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel away the skin, halve the tomatoes, squeeze out most of the pips and juice into an empty bowl, and discard. Chop the flesh roughly and put it down on a plate to one side.
    2. Peel and finely chop the onion. Fry the onion in the vegetable oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over low to medium heat for about ten minutes, stirring from time to time so that it turns an even golden brown. Watch carefully to make sure it doesn't burn.
    3. Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the ginger and the garlic.
    4. Slit the chilli using a sharp knife. Slice the flesh away from the cluster of seeds in the middle. Avoid touching any part of the chilli with your fingers if you can, as it is very easy to get chilli in your eyes, and that will sting. You can use a fork to hold the chilli down or wear rubber gloves. Chop the chilli finely.
    5. Measure the ground spices into a teacup. Add the ginger, garlic and chilli to the pan, stir them around and fry for another minute or so. If you want your curry to be hot as well as spicy, include some or all of the chilli seeds. Then add the spices in the cup into the onions. Fry the spices for a minute or two, stirring all the time so that they do not stick. Add some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
    6. Pour in the water and the tomatoes, bring to the boil, turn down the heat a little and let the sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes.
    7. Add the dog pieces to the pan and stir them around so they are covered with the sauce. Put the lid on the pan, turn the heat down and let the chicken cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Dog thighs will take longer to cook than breast pieces.
    8. Now add the yoghurt to the dog and stir it in. When the sauce is gently bubbling again, scoop up a little in a teaspoon, blow it cool and taste it. The sauce will probably taste quite sweet because of the tomatoes. Cut the lime in half and squeeze its juice into the sauce. Stir and taste again, and decide whether you want to add the second half.
    9. Finally, chop the fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle them on to the curry just before you serve it with the rice

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

Actually reading that recipe is kinda making me hungry... what is that Tikka Masala ? I am partial to a bit of an indian. In fact I just had a fantasitc Chicken Madras at lunch mmmmmmmm

Actually reading that recipe is kinda making me hungry... what is that Tikka Masala ? I am partial to a bit of an indian. In fact I just had a fantasitc Chicken Madras at lunch mmmmmmmm

omg!!! you've just proved you DID send that to curvy!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

you bad bad bad man.....tsk tsk tsk

im defo not bringing mini to the meet now......:eek:

its called tikka mini masala:D

ports best wrote: »
    its called tikka mini masala:D

PB!!!!!!!!!

Do you want to be univited from the night out??????

:confused:

nah im messin ruby you know were only playin with ya, its one of those days thats all, im sorry:(.... do you forgive

I think everybody is getting a little overheated now.....maybe it's a good thing that the drinks arent until next week.
    Ruby, we will try to refrain from making any further disparaging or culinary comments about mini..... is that ok ?

il have to think about it Ports Best. You let me down just now. tsk tsk tsk. and i thought you were a nice guy.....:(

I think everybody is getting a little overheated now.....maybe it's a good thing that the drinks arent until next week.
    Ruby, we will try to refrain from making any further disparaging or culinary comments about mini..... is that ok ?

don't try act mr nice guy now silent rain. whats said has been said...

i dont know if i will ever be able to forgive you....:(

ah we are nice guys ruby you will see next wkend i promise ok.... how about i bring a little doggy bone for mini

well its a start ports best...its a start!

sighs....:cool:

• Advertisement

Apologies for the delay in your earlier question PB, I got distracted (or scared) by emmmm other things....
    Port seniors are playing their first league match against Park Rathenska on saturday. 4.00 I think. (Not sure where). Hope to be back for it.
    The juniors are playing on monday as well (not quite the same crowd puller tho).

lukin cool rubes lukin cool... silent rain is a nice lad and i know hes sorry to he probably just dosent know how to say it, so here goes from me and silent rain, we both deeply regret any harm or offence that we have caused to you or little mini and promise never to mention mini and food again in the one sentence ok..;);)

ports best wrote: »
    lukin cool rubes lukin cool... silent rain is a nice lad and i know hes sorry to he probably just dosent know how to say it, so here goes from me and silent rain, we both deeply regret any harm or offence that we have caused to you or little mini and promise never to mention mini and food again in the one sentence ok..;);)

Apology accepted! :D

Awww. I apologise profusely for the lampshade comment.
    And obviously Curvy was joking bout that recipe, I'm a bloke.... I dont even know where recipes come from.....
    I once had a doggy too, but he's gone to doggy heaven now (of natural causes (so obviously I'm a Dog lover)....its cats I dont like.... They're sly .... and they taste of chicken......

its cats I dont like.... They're sly .... and they taste of chicken......

:eek:

just when i was giving you the benefit of the doubt!

Doh, I spent so long typing my own apology I missed PB's apology on my behalf.....hopefully the two will stand

were in the clear silent, happy days:p:D:p:D.... port should beat park anyway shouldnt they

well now i dont like cats meself so i agree with silent on that comment

Have a very small number of players training this year, but John Bolton seems to be doing a bang up job with them. They'll be fit, but small. Cant be any worse than last year. You ever play with them ?

• Advertisement

ah up until minor i kinda found drink then silent ya know yourself, wot about yourself

Advertisement