Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arden Brisknet question

Options
  • 11-03-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Does anybody know if it's possible to change an IP address with these guys as since I got installed the other day I have had my mail sending curtailed due to a supposed listing on Spamhaus.org. I have only had two spam messages since installation so there must be something wrong..:(
    I have spoke to a technician and he said he would have to speak to someone in Cork (what's in Cork??), but reckoned the problem was mine. Hardly the case considering I have only been asssigned the IP in the last few days.
    Also, I can't seem to forward a port for utorrent through their system. I know it works through my router as I have done it in the past on a DSL line but is this another drawback to using Arden? Help!!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The George

i have been with these guys for nearly a year now and their tech support is very good. if you have spam coming in on your account then it seems to me that it is a secure system which will not allow this to go through. did you not just request your ip to be delisted?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

The George wrote: »
    did you not just request your ip to be delisted?

Hi. Yes I've delisted it four times now since and every so often it ends up in the CBL list again and I need to delist it again. Nightmare!!
    As for the port forwarding issue, do you use utorrent with yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eoinok77

they are natting all their customers out through one IP. So one SPAM Bot will cause them to be delisted.

Use their mail relay which should be on a seperate IP.

Advertisement