Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perceptions thread

• 11-03-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

There are a lot of perceptions that go around, and I was just wondering if people really believe them.

Three different questions:

Decisions even themselves out
    The FA is biased against people
    The Press are biased

Personally,
    I think the decisions don't even themselves out, and they are biased against big clubs, because in a fair system, they'd be more likely to win.
    I do think the FA really dislike United, and use them to set examples.
    I think the press are in love with Arsenal, and in general, use any chance they can to paint bad light on United. That's why its acceptable for everyone to claim that United get unfair treatment, but if United claim they are being unfairly treated, everybody goes nuts. MOTD is especially anti-United.

Three seperate questions :) 117 votes

Bad decisions even themselves out over the course of the year
    0%
    Refs are biased towards big clubs
    19%
    Thanx 4 The FishDont be at yourselfBounty HuntervorbisHelixjesus_thats_greStickyMcGintyMr.Nice Guyd22ontourJulezDave!MelioneZe^gustavoditpokerdobsdaveSizzlerEirebearredzerdrogkryogen 23 votes
    Refs are biased against big clubs
    14%
    PHBHelixBrando_ie[Deleted User]LostinBlanch~Rebel~RefulgentGnomonditpokerSavmanMorfSizzlerPeyton ManningSectionFFratton FredShoulderChipGreen GiantDrumSteve 17 votes
    The FA has an agenda against my club
    1%
    Sizzlergrames_bond 2 votes
    The FA has an agenda against another club
    5%
    PHBLostinBlanchJulezSizzlerPeyton Manningkryogen 6 votes
    The FA has no agenda
    2%
    MorfSizzlerShoulderChip 3 votes
    The Press are biased towards my club (either good or bad)
    18%
    Thanx 4 The FishDont be at yourselfBounty HuntervorbisHelixjesus_thats_greStickyMcGintyBrando_ie[Deleted User]~Rebel~Dave!CharliegustavodobsdaveSizzlerEirebearredzerdrogSectionFMementoMorioobydooby 22 votes
    The Press are biased towards another club (either good or bad)
    17%
    PHBThanx 4 The FishDont be at yourselfjesus_thats_greBrando_ieMr.Nice Guy[Deleted User]LostinBlanch~Rebel~JulezCharlieMorfOPENROADSizzlerGalvaseanBubs101kryogenibhoobydoobyGreen Giant 21 votes
    The Press are neutral
    19%
    PHBThanx 4 The FishDont be at yourselfBounty HuntervorbisHelixStickyMcGintyMr.Nice Guy~Rebel~RefulgentGnomonDave!CharlieditpokerSavmanPrincess Consuela BananahammockSizzlerPeyton ManningEirebearredzerdrogSectionF 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

examples perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

The Press are biased towards my club (either good or bad)
    PHB, you think refs are against big teams? you voted the opposite way?
    Did I miss something and United have set an an example of recently?.

My whole perspective on this is people always remember major decisions against them, but rarely the ones that go for them.
    The press are there to sell papers, and will print whatever story does it for them, be it good or bad.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's not paranoia when everyone is out to get you :)

Make a quick visit to Redcafe, RAWK, Arsenal-Mania etc and you'll find threads on each with posters convinced that the FA, the press and the rest of the league are against them.

That you get so many otherwise intelligent people sharing the same collective delusions of persecution is quite sad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The Press are neutral
    Yeh I just voted wrongly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The Press are neutral
    Whats a preception :confused:

What sort of poll is it that you can vote for all the options and it doesn't stop you :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The Press are neutral
    Press against United? Are you insane? They're against Liverpool ffs, the Sun started it and the other have kind of hopped on the bandwagon (although from a slightly safer distance)

United tend to shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to press realtions. Fergie won't talk to the beeb (be it right or wrong) Queroz goes after Taylor and moans about the potential of Ronaldo getting seriously injured (yes, I agree he was fouled, but.... a broken leg from a shoulder charge?) because of lax referring while Rooney scthyes the worst tackle of the match!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This thread is going to be a trainwreck tbh :rolleyes:

My team is so, like, hated by the refs. Here's examples. Blah Blah Blah.

No wai dude, refs <3 youze it's, like, so obvious. Blah Blah Blah.

Simple fact is this.

Boards.ie is biased against the Eircom League :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Boards.ie is biased against the Eircom League

Just cos of you Des :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The press are biased towards selling papers. If that means coming down heavy on a person, team or organisation they feel will give them an edge and boost sales, they'll do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

The Press are neutral
    kaimera wrote: »
    examples perhaps?

if he gives an example then we will just quibble over details of the particular example, its better to keep this general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

The Press are neutral
    No club is more biased against than Bohemians.

I challenge anyone to come up with a greater refereeing atrocity than that committed by A. Kelly in Bray season before last.

All press are biased towards big EPL clubs. It is an article of faith among Bohs fans that there is a ground-in bias in Irish media, and in particular in RTE, towards Shams (except, of course, GAA media).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

SectionF wrote: »
    No club is more biased against than Bohemians.

I challenge anyone to come up with a greater refereeing atrocity than that committed by A. Kelly in Bray season before last.

I think in general we're ok but Mr.Kelly has serious problems with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The Press are neutral
    Shoot, I also wanted to add the question,
    Do you think draws are rigged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The Press are neutral
    On the Press one, I think they're both neutral And Bias, in that they go with the trend, if there's a dead horse to kick, they'll go for it and come across very bias in it, but they dont particularly care which horse it is. Liverpool went for a good while being slated for everything, before that it was Chelsea, next it'll be someone else.

Advertisement