Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Pump - wrong board.

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi,

Did anyone have a problem with their waterpump following the power cut the week before last? After the cut the water pressure didn't return. After abit of troubleshooting myself I got in contact with our maintenance guy and he replaced the board on the water pump. He said that all the apartments (I'm in Seabourne) and the houses in Charlesland had UK pumps and the current is slightly different. This can cause a problem if there is a power cut. He also said he had the same problem from a number of apartments and houses after the power cut. So it wasn't just my board.

Long story short, he charged me €120. I got onto the builders to try to get my money back (it's not my fault they used the wrong board). Anyway they said that the wrong board was a matter of opinion and I could write a letter. :mad:I did but got a letter back saying that the pump was only under warranty for 1 year and that they believe a better pump was put in by the maintenance guy so I shouldn't have this problem in the future. They did not mention anything about a wrong board. I still have the board so if it was the wrong one I can prove it.

The thing is I don't really know where to go from here. I feel it could just be a case of writing letters back and forth, or should I just let it go?.... Unfortunately I am already on my high horse! :D It's only €120, but it's a matter of principle.

Advertisement