Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii modding total Noob

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hi all, I've been browsing this forum all day, and I'm looking for some help modding the Wii.

I want to stream media such as mp3s/movies to my tv wirelessly from a PC or NAS box through the wii.

I haven't a bog about the types of chips or what I need etc. So any help is appreciated.

I would also pay anyone willing to do it for a reasonable price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey zag, i dont mean this in a nosey way but is that all your trying to do? You can do that with out a mod chip.

This is a software you can do it with. (i know its for a psp just trust me he has instructions on how to get it working on the wii)

You need to have the internet channel on your wii though

Unless your hand enough with a soldering iron dont go anywhere near your wii! tiny mod chips. There is 2 types of wii's old style mobo and new style. google "what version is my wii" or something and you'll find out more about what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sub5

hey man, if you have the internet channel you can use this lot to stream from your pc its dead easy to suss out and its free

https://mycast.orb.com/orb/html/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

you need media center for wii
    http://www.x-oom.com/english/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Has anyone used x-oom? I'm also looking to stream videos but I'd like something that streams them over the network rather than through the internet. Is it worth the effort or will any streaming onto the wii inevitably have to be low quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »
    Has anyone used x-oom? I'm also looking to stream videos but I'd like something that streams them over the network rather than through the internet. Is it worth the effort or will any streaming onto the wii inevitably have to be low quality?
    thats what x-oom does, over your network, not online, i'm sure the quality will be perfect

• Advertisement
Advertisement