Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a doctor

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi,

Have been in Dublin for a couple of months but have never got around to registering for a doctor as I really don't know how it works (and the cost since its free at home), thing is recently I've started to suffer from depression I think and could do with seeing someone I think, does anyone know how I could go about this, how much it would cost, and if they would prescribe anti-depressents to someone they had just met?

Cheers (and apologies if this is in the wrong forum, not asking for medical advice, just help finding a proper Dr.).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

the average GP fee is around €50 a visit

The local GP in your area will see you should be no major problem

I haven't a clue about what they will and wont prescribe though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I can't recommend a doctor but I'd doubt they would prescribe medicine if you needed it just cause they don't know you.

Advertisement