Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Hosting

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I posted on the web developer forum after seeing that the web host forum was no longer accepting new posts.

My post related to Hosting365's intention to withdraw their freephone support number from March 18th at which point it will be replaced with a premium number.

My thread just disappeared after I posed it without explanation. Furthermore another thread on the same issue has been locked. I am very curious as to why as I can't see anything in the charter that would mean that either my thread or the other one were infringing on the rules.

Maybe I'm being really dumb here but can someone explain all this to me?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055240701

I've since edited the post to make the position clearer, and added a link to the charter, but in future you should at least scan the Sticky title to see if there is anything important.

Regarding PMing you, I didn't feel there was a need as I closed another thread on the topic with a request for people to read the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Good job people, I give this thread an A+.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sherifu wrote: »

What do you even mean by that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Sherifu wrote: »
    6th wrote: »

He's pretending to be the headmaster of boards again ... watching us, grading us, judging us. Probably wishing he could make us all wear school uniforms ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

6th wrote: »
    I meant solved in 1 post. :)

Btw, Magic & Illusion is missing you. Get back there at once. /pimpage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Actually my post disappeared before the other post was closed or you posted your message about the charter. Still think the whole situation regarding disussions of hosting issues is bizarre but I guess that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Actually my post disappeared before the other post was closed or you posted your message about the charter.
    Examining the timestamps from each thread, I deleted your post at 15:53. I closed the second thread at 15:53, a matter of seconds later. The hosting post was edited at 15:54, and the charter thread updated 15:55.

I don't think that speed can be counted as an issue here.
    Still think the whole situation regarding disussions of hosting issues is bizarre but I guess that's just me.
    Its also just the way it is, and the way its going to stay. And its not just me thats of that opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Still think the whole situation regarding disussions of hosting issues is bizarre but I guess that's just me.

Not at all as other threads here will show. However, at least there's a whole lot less ambiguity now as to what is and isn't allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Actually my post disappeared before the other post was closed or you posted your message about the charter. Still think the whole situation regarding disussions of hosting issues is bizarre but I guess that's just me.

If you think he's drawing the line there youve got another thing coming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'd not have thought that a thread on web hosting but on a company charging premium rates for support. Maybe it better belongs in RipOff Ireland ;)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It certainly doesnt belong in feedback.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement