Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Shower and other plumbing issues

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hi I wonder if anybody can help me.
    We have an Aqualisa power shower (the one where you have to have your hot water on / heating on to use) and it's not very powerful at all. Could there be a buildup of lime scale or something blocking the pump? if so, is it a plumber or an electrician that would look into this.
    Secondly, can you have 2 electric showers installed in the one house? we got an attic conversion and now have a Triton electric shower up there (the one with instant hotwater) and thought we'd like to get one downstairs in the main bathroom instead of the one above??
    thirdly - my extractor fan in the bathroom doesnt seem to work (there's no windows in the bathroom) and apparantly, when checked by my brother (not a plumber) he says the pipes / ducts werent going anywhere??
    I've no idea about plumbing.. if nobody has any ideas, could you recommend a good plumber and electrician in the Drogheda area that might help???
    we've also a few other issues that need looking at, but I really dont want to bore anybody... thanks so much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 soelectrical

Hi Joey,
    You can have 2 electric showers (Tritons T90i) etc in your house or even 3 but they must be wired through what is called a priority unit which basically only allows to use one of them at any given time.The reason for this is that if the 2 showers rated at prob 8.5KW were on together,they would blow your main house fuse and not there dedicated RCBO as they would rougly be using 35.7 Amps each and most main fuses are 50Amps.
    Hope this helps

Advertisement