Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 610 Regional

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭

People,
    I got one of these as a present for Christmas.
    Been using in in the Repuplic and the North without any issues.
    I am planning on driving in Spain and France in the next couple of weeks. Is it possible to get extra maps for Spain and France for this device and if so what is the best/easiest way to do this?
    Kippy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

On a completely unrelated topic.
    I noticed this problem one Friday night about two weeks ago where the device lost the "connection" with the satellites and has since been Acquiring satellites. I have of course rebooted etc all to no avail.

Is there any reason why this is still happening?
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Did you do a 'reset' on the device? There is a reset button on most devices and your s/w may need a reboot, switching it off and on may not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hi,
    Just an update. Had no use for the device for a while so wasnt too bothered. Called their support last week who, after some troubleshooting, asked me to post it back to them.
    Sent it last Friday. They sent me back a Nuvi 660 with all the European maps preloaded.
    Am happy out with that.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wow that was nice of then.

Good work!

Advertisement