Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial arts in Athlone

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Danimalito

there's a karate club near the radisson, Taekwondo in the regional sports centre, and a ninjitsu club somewhere (saw it advertised, dont know where it's at).

There's also a boxing club opposite of the Gardai station. No kickboxing club in athlone, as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Danimalito wrote: »
    ninjitsu club

:D

That would explain the shuriken marks all over town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭phoenix-MT

Saturdays-Regional Sports Centre 1pm Muay Thai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

ninjitsu are just above the honey pot (near golden island), there's kickboxing during the college term (never been to it), Taekwon-Do as mentioned in the Sports center, we train Friday and Saturday, the Karate is in St. Marys hall.
    I think there's another Taekwon-Do group that train in Athlone too.

Where's the boxing club? opposite the garda station is Pizza Mama, Lotus and a bookies. :P

The Muai Tai is a new club, they train in (Mullingar or Tullamore?) aswell. Looks interesting, so far they only have one day of training here.

hi, yeah the muay thai is only once a week at the moment but are looking at more lessons. Also run classes in Tullamore, Ringtown and Mullingar. Theres a lad who trains who is good mates with the boxing coach ill ask him for some details on where it is and what times they train. BoB thanks for your other post 2 about unused buildings il check it out and keep trying. Do you train in taekwon-do or teach it?

• Advertisement

no prob phoenix-MT :)
    I train in Taekwon-Do, lol, i'm not great now, but I try :P

oh right coz im the MT instructor, probably passed you today ion the sports centre when you had finished ur lesson ha

haha fair enough :) wasn't there this morning got caught up with a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

There is also a karate club in St. Mary's Hall, been there for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aidan Mc

Ninjutsu classes for adults (i.e. 18+) have just started in Drum Community Centre in Summerhill (just at the end of the Athlone bypass). There are details on www.drum.ie/centre
    Martial Arts Classes for Adults
    Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu is a martial art which encompasses nine traditional schools, and classes are now being held at Drum Community Centre on Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings. All instructors are registered with the Japanese Instructors Association (Bujinkan Shidoshi-Kai). Class observation by appointment only. Classes are for 18 years of age and older. For further details contact 087 6235821 or 087 6644897 or visit the website www.bujinkanlillisdojo.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    I think there's another Taekwon-Do group that train in Athlone too.

Yes, my kids go to the Marist, Wednesdays at 18:30. I think he does an adult class another evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clare@angelfire

Hi I have just moved form Derry and I am living in Athlone,I was training for my orange belt in Kick boxing and am looking for a martial art to keep fit,I liked kick boxing as it keeps me trim especially in the Thigh area,if anyone has any ideas of a kickboxing club in the area or a similar martial art please let me know. I don't think there is a kickboxing club here?

Hi we were running classes in athlone up untill july, we have now opened a full time gym in mullingar in Muay Thai (thai boxing). as a matter of fact there is also a lad training with us whos from derry!! :pac: have a look at the website or pm me if you would like to know more, ur more than welcome to join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clare@angelfire

Hi would be interested in joining the class in Athlone can you tell me where and when,whatt is your website address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eReR

In Athlone, there is room where at least one sack hanging?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

err.... is that a statement, question or request?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're looking for somewhere with a punching bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Anders09

Hi,

A new Kenpo club has just opened at the Athlone Regional Sports Centre. I have been training with Celbridge but will be moving to Athlone so this is good news.

Website www.athlonekenpo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ATHLONETKD

there is Taekwondo classes on tuesdays 7:00pm - 9:00pm and thursdays 8:00pm - 10:00pm

there is also kids (little dragons) classes on Tuesdays at 7:00pm - 8:00pm and a

beginner class especially designed for beginners who have no previous knowledge of tkd on thursdays 8:00pm - 9:00pm - these classes suit all ages and fitness levels

all information is on the following website www.athlonetkd.com

feel free to contact us with any questions you may have :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ATHLONETKD

Sry forgot to mentionTaekwondo classes are on in the bower secondary school gym!! as mentioned above all info is on website!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bouncertkd

The Athlone Taekwon-Do academy meets every Tue and Thurs evenings (tue in Pairc Ciarain , Ballymahon road, and thurs in Ballybay Hall Roscommon road) They are the biggest taekwon-do club in the area. You can find details HERE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ronchi

Think theres judo in athlone now. Anyone heard of any new judo clubs in Mullingar?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HEXIOUS

bouncertkd wrote: »
    The Athlone Taekwon-Do academy meets every Tue and Thurs evenings (tue in Pairc Ciarain , Ballymahon road, and thurs in Ballybay Hall Roscommon road) They are the biggest taekwon-do club in the area. You can find details HERE

Great Training!!!

and open through the summer.

Thurs 6-7pm juniors &
    7-8.30pm senior grades and adults.

great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Seapants

Obaraten wrote: »
    any one know the martial arts clubs in Athlone?im especially interested in kickboing clubs if any?thanks:D
    Theres a kick boxing club that meets in the Regional sports centre Athlone on Fridays at 8pm for adults (7pm for kids). It's called Wolfpack Kickboxing Association, Leon Parsons is the name of the guy that runs it.
    They also train on Weds in Garrycastle GAA at 8pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sunkunedo larry

theres a Shinken-Do class in the regional sports centre on tues & thurs @ 9pm. its not for kids - ADULTS ONLY! it uses joint restraints, chokes, throws & strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Guys anyone know of a kick boxing club in tullamore?
    Also is there anywhere esle other than dublin or galway to do Krav Maga training?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HEXIOUS

HEXIOUS wrote: »
    Great Training!!!

and open through the summer.

Thurs 6-7pm juniors &
    7-8.30pm senior grades and adults.

great value.

Athlone Taekwon-do Academy is online :)
    http://www.athloneitf.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cezar223

hi im 16 year old and i would like to know are there any boxing classes in mullingar .... when? where?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭leonkickboxing

cezar223 wrote: »
    hi im 16 year old and i would like to know are there any boxing classes in mullingar .... when? where?
    Mullingar Boxing Club
    Ballintleavy, Gaybrook, Mullingar

Denise Whelan
    086 2159213

deewhelan@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭leonkickboxing

Seapants wrote: »
    Theres a kick boxing club that meets in the Regional sports centre Athlone on Fridays at 8pm for adults (7pm for kids). It's called Wolfpack Kickboxing Association, Leon Parsons is the name of the guy that runs it.
    They also train on Weds in Garrycastle GAA at 8pm.

We have changed Venue to a new full-time Martial Arts Centre,

In Unit 7, Blyry Industrial Estate, Athlone, Co Westmeath

Training every Wednesday and Friday, Juniors 7-8pm, Seniors 8-9:30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FlicFlak

We have changed Venue to a new full-time Martial Arts Centre,

In Unit 7, Blyry Industrial Estate, Athlone, Co Westmeath

Training every Wednesday and Friday, Juniors 7-8pm, Seniors 8-9:30pm

What other Martial Arts are available there? I heard rumors around the town but nothin definate!

Advertisement