Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial arts in Athlone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭leonkickboxing

FlicFlak wrote: »
    What other Martial Arts are available there? I heard rumors around the town but nothin definate!

These martial arts are now in the new centre.

Kickboxing, Judo, Ninjitsu, MMA, Silat and Grappling.

Its a fantastic venue and will soon be fully equipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pokersmidge

The judo club train every Monday Wednesday at eight in this new complex if you want to do martial arts in the midlands this is the place for it any querys call me 0863587953

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

Any MMA clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭leonkickboxing

Contact Mark Leonard on the MMA forum for details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Athlone Dojo

Veles wrote: »
    any one know the martial arts clubs in Athlone?im especially interested in kickboing clubs if any?thanks:D

We have a full time Dojo at Monksland business park, Monksland, Athlone .

Teaching Bujinkan Ninjutsu and Brazilian Jiu- jitsu
    www.athlonedojo.com

087 6235821

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

These martial arts are now in the new centre.

Kickboxing, Judo, Ninjitsu, MMA, Silat and Grappling.

Its a fantastic venue and will soon be fully equipped.

I've been thinking recently about taking up a martial art, mainly for fitness reasons. I'm 35, will I be just laughed at if I turn up? Is it all little kids running around with black belts or does there be many 'older' people starting from scratch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Athlone Dojo

At Athlone Dojo we teach adult classes in Ninjutsu and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.Age has nothing to do with it the most important thing is to enjoy what you doing :) Please check out www.athlonedojo.com or give me a call on 087 6235821.

Joe Lillis

Where abouts in blyry is this new martial arts place? What business is it located beside/ close to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Waste0fSpace

tubos wrote: »
    Where abouts in blyry is this new martial arts place? What business is it located beside/ close to?

It's Unit 7, Blyry Ind Est, Athlone.

When you enter Blyry Ind Est take the 3rd left (you will see a sign for 'Graphic Tiles'). The centre is in Unit 7.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=53.430299,-7.892818&num=1&sll=53.429485,-7.918905&sspn=0.027257,0.055189&ie=UTF8&ll=53.431015,-7.899857&spn=0.013628,0.043945&z=15

Thanks. Where could I get a timetable as to what is on and when at this new place in Blyry? I had a peep in last Friday and there was kickboxing training on. I there somebody who runs the centre?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jake 74

Thanks. Where could I get a timetable as to what is on and when at this new place in Blyry? I had a peep in last Friday and there was kickboxing training on. I there somebody who runs the centre?
    there is also wrestling training on a friday night upstairs.athlone wrestling club, there will be another class added soon as soon as we can get a slot
    check out the face book page
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002454211860&sk=wall
    renud and sid are the instructors both leval 1 coach's with the irish amatuer wrestling association just leave a message on the page

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001837865011

All the information for contacting them is on that page, or just send a message and one of the lads will get back to you. They are really nice lads to deal with!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 athlone budokan

hey tubos, Thanks for enquiring about the centre, i see some of the lads have been in contact with you already :) If you need a full listing of classes and times, just e mail us at athlonebudo@gmail.com or feel free to call down on tuesday, wed, or thursday at 8 and i will be there to chat ya personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HEXIOUS

:D
    Veles wrote: »
    any one know the martial arts clubs in Athlone?im especially interested in kickboing clubs if any?thanks:D

There is Taekwon-do for all levels and ages
    in the Athlone Regional Sports Centre
    & The Zen, Monksland
    & also in Ballybay on Roscommon Road.

There website is www.athloneitf.com
    here are the class times

they give first class free too, so worth a look in.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

i see some of the lads have been in contact with you already :)

Ahem.... lady!!! :P

Advertisement