Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to locate natural father?

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My GF lives with her mother, and has no father or siblings. She was born in Norfolk, in 1975, and her mother brought her back to Ireland shortly after she was baptised. her mother is from Cabra, Dublin.

Her mother won't tell her anything about who her father is, or where he could be. She wants to find out, as it eats away at her, the not knowing and all the questions.

How can she go about finding where he is now, and maybe phone no.?

We have his name and address of his mothers house. She may not live there anymore.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I've had to do this last year when trying to find my Dad, go to the house and see what you can find out, also find forums in the area you may think he is for example boards.ie - dublin - swords or something, post adds asking would anybody know him. I found mine through a site I left a post on asking for info on him and my aunt in america saw it and phones him back here in Dublin and got him to contact me through it and then we met up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

People put adverts up on gumtree looking for long lost relatives but do start by writing to where his mother used to live. It will take some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Hi,

My GF lives with her mother, and has no father or siblings. She was born in Norfolk, in 1975, and her mother brought her back to Ireland shortly after she was baptised. her mother is from Cabra, Dublin.

Her mother won't tell her anything about who her father is, or where he could be. She wants to find out, as it eats away at her, the not knowing and all the questions.

How can she go about finding where he is now, and maybe phone no.?

We have his name and address of his mothers house. She may not live there anymore.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Why wont her mother help? Maybe she has a valid reason not to tell her.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm moving this to the Adoption forum.
    I know it's not strictly to do with adoption, but the searching for a father she never knew amounts to the same thing.
    b

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Thanks for help.

I put up post on a forum in the area. Will try other methods also.

It would be easier if it were ireland, but it's Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi kevin,
    why not write to the address in england and say you are looking for an old friend [ your girlfriends fathers name] say you knew him in and around your girlfriends birthdate. see if you get a reply you could also look up the uk phone book online and search for a gentleman of that name in the area you know he last lived. good luck....kathy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I have been doing similar, searching for a father in the UK. I have found his address, work address and telephone online.

Try the UK phone books. For a small fee you can search the electoral register. I used a few different search engines with any information I found, and little by little I got more.

Good luck. This is the easy bit, I think.

Advertisement