Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gigs in tramore easter

Options
  • 11-03-2008 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

easter in tramore
    hey theres loads on over the weekend in tramore on sat theres a great range of live gigs on
    in alfies on main street theres a JOHNEY CASH trib band on there great check out their web site
    http://www.theringoffire.co.uk/
    gig at 9.30 tickets 10e

in the baldy man zoo2 {fantastic u2 trib}
    are playin at 12 with access to the club downstairs after add 5euro

also there are free gigs on in cul tra with welsh rockers the navagators there one the best cover bands ive seen in years
    gig at 10.30 also u have murphs and the vic with two great local bands u cant go wrong in goin to tramore lads
    sat 15th

on sunday brand new cadallic are in the vic gig at 10.30
    their the best live band around at the mo,they do loads of the killers ,kings of leon,kysers,dirty pretty little things,tons more check em out

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ogankav: Can you please contact me and let me know who exactly you are representing and your connection with these clubs/pubs? I dislike people who come onto the board to plug local pubs and clubs yet contribute nothing to the forum. We had enough of that on the City forum without it starting here.

Events should go up on a local website, local notice boards or if you want - pay Boards to advertise the events.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ogankav

Sully wrote: »
    Ogankav: Can you please contact me and let me know who exactly you are representing and your connection with these clubs/pubs? I dislike people who come onto the board to plug local pubs and clubs yet contribute nothing to the forum. We had enough of that on the City forum without it starting here.

Events should go up on a local website, local notice boards or if you want - pay Boards to advertise the events.

Cheers.

just to clear it up im not connected to any of the pubs or clubs just tellin people whats on in tramore:)
    as well as that some one asked on the post before this one about whats on, i told em Also im new at this so lesson learned ta

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aye, welcome to the forum. :)

Each forum has its own charter, its located usually at the top of each page. Always have a read of those before posting in a forum. Also, check out the Newbies & FAQ Forum.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ogankav

ta!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

Ogankav I bet thats the last time you will post anything.
    Sully he was only pointing out whats on in tramore over the weekend.
    Its not his fault he got in before you:D

• Advertisement

joe25 wrote: »
    Ogankav I bet thats the last time you will post anything.
    Sully he was only pointing out whats on in tramore over the weekend.
    Its not his fault he got in before you:D

The board has had a lot of trouble in the past with clubs/pubs etc. coming in and simply plugging there business to generate a bigger profit and not contributing towards Boards. Sorry, but thats spamming.

ogankav contacted me before posting, but I wasn't aware it was him when the post was created. He has kindly contacted me again, and clarified his connections which I am happy to say are fine. He is posting events and contributing in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

cough cough discover tramore.ie cough:p

paul666 wrote: »
    cough cough discover tramore.ie cough:p

lol thanks Paul :p Glad to see your supporting me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Sully, isn't it exaggerating to say that there been a lot of trouble with pubs/clubs lately? I know there was the two threads regarding the place I work. I know you have you're own reasons and all that, but it looks to me like your just being spiteful. You do plug your own website on here and surely people visiting your site due to plugging it on boards will generate more profit for you, no?

I apologise for going off topic here and it appears there is going to be some good bands playing easter weekend.

Minto wrote: »
    Sully, isn't it exaggerating to say that there been a lot of trouble with pubs/clubs lately? I know there was the two threads regarding the place I work. I know you have you're own reasons and all that, but it looks to me like your just being spiteful. You do plug your own website on here and surely people visiting your site due to plugging it on boards will generate more profit for you, no?

I apologise for going off topic here and it appears there is going to be some good bands playing easter weekend.

Its got nothing to do with the Sands at all. They never came and plugged any events within their group. They were locked for different reasons, and iv asked Dub13 to keep an eye out due to my connections with the place.

The problems I spoke about were happening when no active mod was here. The issues were dealt with when I became a mod and the companies in question were banned from posting on Boards.ie when the matter was raised to the admins. They had been asked before not to post, but they ignored all warnings. Hence when the Sands came on I asked Paul politely not to go there (and he agreed), and when this post was created I wanted to make sure it wasn't a repeat of past events.

The posts in question or the companies have no connection with Discover Tramore, they were Waterford City based companies.

My references to the site are only when I think it is useful for the poster, as its really the only medium where people can find out such information (even if some sections are quiet!). As I said, Discover Tramore is non-profit. Its more of a project of mine that I want to see succeed, and is running on my own cash so far. People can call it spamming, I disagree - I contribute a considerable amount and I moderate the South East and dont plug it all that often since it was created.

Any other concerns, please take them to PM. Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Alrite, fair points I guess. Sorry if I came across as aggressive.

Advertisement