Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not able to play against a friend

• 11-03-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm having a problem connecting on Live with one friend. We can both connect to other peoples games and play in the same game once another person is hosting. However we cant enter private matches we set up, both receiving an error message when we try to join. Also we can send and receive messages, but cant join private chats. as far as I can tell this is only happening with one friend, and it only started a few weeks ago. Before that we could play against each other as normal. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

1 thing ill hazard a guess at :

1. - He or you switched on a firewall (after previously not having it on) and your / his NAT is Strict/Moderate in the Xbl test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Cool, Ill get him to try that..

I did a test myself last night and my NAT was Open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

As fieldog said its probably the NAT settings on his router. This link may or may not make sense to you, but its a good start on how to set the NAT from Strict to Open:

http://forums.xbox.com/8241927/PrintPost.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I have the same problem, does anyone know of a guide for Neptopia routers specifically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Mr. K wrote: »
    I have the same problem, does anyone know of a guide for Neptopia routers specifically?

Easy enough to turn the firewall off, you can do it from the router homepage 192.168.1.254

The Nat can be tricky, it all depends on how your connected to live (wireless, ICS or straight into the router)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Thanks for the replies!

Do Eircom use Neptopia routers? He has recently changed from NTL to Eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

My firewall is off, and I'm connected straight to the router. Does that change things?

TBH, I'm not 100% sure the problem is at my end. It could be my friend's settings!

mise wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies!

Do Eircom use Neptopia routers? He has recently changed from NTL to Eircom

Eircom use a netopia router and by default the firewall is on medium, it needs to be on low to use xbox live. Also on the router homepage 192.168.1.254 you will need to set it up to allow xbox live. It only takes a minute.

On the left hand side click custom services. In the drop down box click xbox live games (its the last one on the list) then click enable. make sure your xbox is on and connected to live. select your xbox on the next list (it will prob only show its ip address). The click enable. Your ready to go!

If your connected via ICS it harder but still doable. If you need more help just ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

It's slightly different depending on which model of Netopia you have but there's decent guides here: http://portforward.com/routers.htm

Just scroll down the list until you see the model of Netopia you have, click on it and on the next page scroll down until you see Xbox Live 360. Click on that and follow the instructions!

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    It's slightly different depending on which model of Netopia you have but there's decent guides here: http://portforward.com/routers.htm

Just scroll down the list until you see the model of Netopia you have, click on it and on the next page scroll down until you see Xbox Live 360. Click on that and follow the instructions!

Just some advice looking up this. Setting up a static ip address is not really needed. Good to do but i never did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement