Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting New People - Tipperary

Options
  • 11-03-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Is there any good groups/courses in Tipperary/Cashel/Clonmel regions.
    I need to meet new people and 'get out and about'.
    I am a 30 year old female and have realised that pubs and clubs are not the way to meet new people. Most of my friends are settled down or scattered. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You could try some of the local football or camogie teams? Check out the Nationalist for information on local groups as well. You could try Clonmel library to see if they know of any book clubs or reading groups.

I don't know where you'd find out about evening courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

check with the VEC for evening classes - theres some good ones. My mum took French last year and is doing sign language at the moment. Just google either north tipp or south tipp vec.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

If youask me the only thing for you is to join a musical or drama society. They are the best craic and you get to meet loads of people. There are piles of them around too.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rainbow78

Thanks for all replies.
    I will look into all of them. I don't think I'd have the confidence for Musical or Theatrical societies.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Thats what I thought Rainbow :) but you dont have to go for a lead.. join a chorus.
    I got involved by 'accident' and always thought it was uncool to do a play but it's the best craic ever.

Anyway, whatever you choose, good luck. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Actually consider this before dismissing it totally, because I know a lot of people will laugh when I say this... but Macra na Feirme is a fantastic way of meeting people. Most areas in South Tipp aren't far from a Macra group, there's tons of stuff to get involved in within Macra - public speaking, debating, variety shows, amateur drama, table quizes,loads of different things. More things than I can think of at the moment, in fact. If you're interested, let me know and I'll ask my friend for contact details for whatever area you're closest to. The group I was in (before I moved back to Dublin) meets every second week in Dundrum, which is probably a bit out of the way for you, but they're really friendly, and it's a great way to even just meet up with people and have a chat over a few drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sienna

Hi! I'm a spanish girl and I live in Tipperary town now. I don't know anybody in the town and I would like to know people. If you are interesting write me! :p

Advertisement