Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeff Hardy suspended for 60 days

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Idiot tbh. Was getting a push and then he goes do some stupid **** like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

What a wanker. The mind boggles.

Does this mean he's out of the MITB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

What a wanker. The mind boggles.

Does this mean he's out of the MITB?

i would imagine so, even if they do let him in the MITB he obviously ain't gonna win it now. What an idiot though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is this the end of his monster push? Should be, but then, look at Ortons Punishment for his last indiscretion - he now has to job to HHH in the Mania main event after a 6+ month title reign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It was only a matter of time before he messed up again really.

Is anyone actually surprised?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

TBH, I'm kind of happy. It means that MITB has vecome a very exciting match seeing as there is no clear winner anymore

It has to be either Jericho or MVP and even before Jeff fcuked up I would have leaned slightly towards Jericho as I imagine they promised hi some sort of a run when they were initially bringing him back.

Would love to see MVP do it though, he's taken his opportunities very well and has had a great feud with Matt Hardy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What an idiot. They were right not to have him win the title/main event Wrestlemania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,487 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It has to be either Jericho or MVP and even before Jeff fcuked up I would have leaned slightly towards Jericho as I imagine they promised hi some sort of a run when they were initially bringing him back.

Would love to see MVP do it though, he's taken his opportunities very well and has had a great feud with Matt Hardy.

RAW SPOILER:
    Jericho beat Hardy for the IC belt last night on RAW, so it would be an odd move to give Jericho the belt then immediately put him into the main title picture, having not done much in the push he was given.

Tauren wrote: »
    RAW SPOILER:
    Jericho beat Hardy for the IC belt last night on RAW, so it would be an odd move to give Jericho the belt then immediately put him into the main title picture, having not done much in the push he was given.
    Jericho picking up the belt appears to me as a short term option because of Jeff's situation. They needed to get the belt of him asap, and Jericho made sense as they had their bit on the highlight reel the week previous.

Also, winning MITB does not put you in the title picture immediately, it could be up to a year before you cash it in. I really think they're going to turn Jericho heel after mania, and the MITB prize allows for a heel to get over in a big way. Remember Edge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Tauren wrote: »
    RAW SPOILER:
    As the IC belt doesn't mean much anyway, I dont see that as being anyway significant in Y2Js chances or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

As we've been reporting this morning, WWE superstar Jeff Hardy has been suspended from World Wrestling Entertainment for his second violation of the company's Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy. Here is some further information on the situation:

-- One more violation of WWE's Wellness policy will result in Jeff Hardy's manditory release from the company.

-- Hardy has been removed from the Wrestlemania preview and will not be participating in the Money In The Bank match at the event.

-- Jeff Hardy met with Vince McMahon at RAW last night. Several WWE stars were informed of the suspension backstage.
    Hardy dropped the Intercontinental title to Chris Jericho on the show.

This is certainly a tough break for the rainbow-haired warrior, who was in the midst of the biggest singles push of his career. Hardy's previous issues with substance abuse and fears that he could relapse were factors in the company not going "all the way" with his push and awarding him with a WWE title win.

Very foolish after the push he was getting recently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

what an idiot he was the most over guy in WWE at present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ah for f*ucks sake :mad:

What a bloody idiot, he was getting the biggest push of his career, was the most over guy in the company, and was definitely gonna hold the strap by the end of the year, and then he goes and does this. He won't be getting another push after his return for while a while now, totally screwed himself over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just a big mistake he will never be champ now

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mikel Jr.

was quite looking forward to mitb, wont be as good without him flying off the ladders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I knew he would shoot himself in the foot eventually. Im surprised it took this long to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Anyone think his match with Y2J was really really good last night?

sad news :( PUSH JERICHO TO THE MOON

edit: push HEEL jericho to the moon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I don't think he is as f*cked as people on here are saying. I dunno if he'll be WWE champ this year, but eventually he will.

I love how people on here are condeming him. You don't know what he was on that he failed. It could be as simple as being steroids or it may be more serious. Now before people jump down my throat about steroids being simple, ye all forgave Kennedy and Edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Disappointed in him as i thought he would get the belt later this year. Not gonna judge him as so many have had their indiscretions and came back to do well (orton, edge, kennedy)

The man put his body through hell in all his matches which takes longer to heal the older he gets. Not surprised if he has had to take something for the pain (total guess there)

• Advertisement

Minto wrote: »
    I don't think he is as f*cked as people on here are saying. I dunno if he'll be WWE champ this year, but eventually he will.

I love how people on here are condeming him. You don't know what he was on that he failed. It could be as simple as being steroids or it may be more serious. Now before people jump down my throat about steroids being simple, ye all forgave Kennedy and Edge.

Did people forgive Kennedy? Edge was on them because it was a standard procedure for recovering from neck surgery

Keep in mind that if they ever do put the belt on Jeff, if he fails a test while he's champ then he's going to be released

Minto wrote: »

If Georgie Best was done for being over the limit, would it be fair to assume he had a spot of dessert that contained alcohol beofre he jumped in the car, and was marginally over the limit. No it wouldn't. Jeff has a bad history for messing up with drugs, I don't think anyone is going overboard given his past.

Kennedy, I would be the first to say that he as had a terrible year, all at his own making. He ahd the company at his feet and blew it.

I don't think anyone's been soft on Orton in the past, he's been widely ridiculed on this board for some of his behaviour.

Edge's was legit. Apart from the Lita/Matt incident he's been a model worker, grasping every opportunity given to him and making the most of his moment on the main stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

It's really irrelevant how he failed. He's basically screwed himself at the worst time possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

God damn it Jeff now somebody sucky will be put in the MITB who will do the cool spots hehe, No but I was looking forward to seeing him aswell

One more strike and he's out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ah jeff you slow slow man! i dont hink this will mean he wont ever become champ or get the push again, its just going to delay it a good bit! wrestlers have been punished before and bounced back, remember hhh after the clique incident?

remember hhh after the clique incident?

Vince has only got one daughter.

Vince has only got one daughter.

eh....what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

eh....what?

Jeff Hardy is not Triple H.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He has let himself down but will not be seriously punished IMO. the way I see it WWE will believe that that the 60day suspension itself is punishment enough considering it is at Wrestlemania time and that it means he will not win MITB (what i and most expected to happen). When he returns he will once again be pushed, the WWE know how over Jeff is and in his recent trial main event run it worked brilliantly. Vinnie Mac will know that Jeff could draw if given the opportunity and after a while out of the upper echelons of the WWE he will prob be back on the road to being the next Raw main-eventer. while being "punished" he will probably feud with Y2J (over the IC title or not) which should make for good TV.

IMO the thing that will hurt Jeff the most is not wining MITB as i now see that as something the creative team use to forcce their own hands in making new stars. The MITB contract has to be used, and Is also perfect for turning an injury to a champion into an opportunity to push somebody fresh. Jeff would have won WWE gold in the next 6months had he not got this suspension because of this (again just IMO). but the rainbow haired warrior will be back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Is it possible its another curve ball from ol Vinny Mac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

non wrestling fan

From watching wrestling the last year or so since kids got into it, have noticed jeff hardy (kids 2nd fav) carrying a back injury lately, you can feign this and that but anyone who works in a fitness thing cant hide an injury that severe and imo hes seriously ****ed his back up.

Could be hash seriously hope its not but would imagine its some sort of steroid/painkiller. Does it get released that they did?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    non wrestling fan

From watching wrestling the last year or so since kids got into it, have noticed jeff hardy (kids 2nd fav) carrying a back injury lately, you can feign this and that but anyone who works in a fitness thing cant hide an injury that severe and imo hes seriously ****ed his back up.

Could be hash seriously hope its not but would imagine its some sort of steroid/painkiller. Does it get released that they did?

kdjac

He's said in interviews recently that he's got a bad back, knees and elbow as well I think. I'll try find a quote. If it's a painkiller then he mustn't have gone through the proper authorities. Or it could possibly be crystal meth again. I hope it's not but I was watching a documentary on it last week and it seems to be one of the more addictive drugs around

He'd be fine if it was hash, he'd just be given a $1,000 fine for the year and no public mention would be made

I don't think it'll be released by WWE what he did, but it will probably end up being reported elsewhere eventually. The Wrestling Observer says it isn't believed to be steroids

Here's a quote from this year: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wrestling/blog/2008/01/qa_with_jeff_hardy.html
    My body feels weak in a lot of places. I know I’ve got herniated discs in my neck and my back, which isn’t extremely serious – they could lead to being serious. I’ve got [bone] chips in my elbows. I can’t wrestle a match without getting my ankles taped because they feel like they’ll shatter on me. Recently, I think I got a chip in my right kneecap, which is really starting to bother me. But it’s just little nagging things like that. I’ve been extremely fortunate to be 30 years old now and not to have had any surgeries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Provided it was recreational drug related:
    jeff you idiot!!
    I did think that it would only be sooner rather than later before jeff did something like this again.However, I certainly did not think that he would do it at the worst possible time-when he was getting a major push (which took long enough to get!).

He is in obvious agony at the moment but if it turns out to be steroid/painkiller related,I also give Vince some of the blame for it.Giving someone a push shouldn't mean that he/she should have to batter their body constantly and inevitably resort to banned substances in the fear of losing the push which took years to get in the first place.
    Notice how most of these steroid/painkiller stories always come back to the schedule-whether its due to an injury or being run down.Reducing the schedule is one of the first steps needed to stop such drug usage in wrestling.How long have we been saying that for and still NOTHING has been done.Infact if anythignthe schedule has gotten worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Just out of curiosity, does the three strikes you're out part of the wellness policy have any kind of time period?

You know the way penalty points on your drivers license get struck off after a while (three years or something like that), do your strikes on the wellness policy get struck off after a certain length of time?

I know this isn't the most coherent post ever, but I hope you get what I mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

this has put a big downer on my Wrestle Mania :(

But ye he couldnt have done it at a worse time :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

orestes wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, does the three strikes you're out part of the wellness policy have any kind of time period?

You know the way penalty points on your drivers license get struck off after a while (three years or something like that), do your strikes on the wellness policy get struck off after a certain length of time?

I know this isn't the most coherent post ever, but I hope you get what I mean

My understanding is that 3 strikes and you are gone.It wouldnt make sense to have it like the drivers licence anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 DONK!

Its all fake. he will be at WM

There's nothing about violations "expiring" in the policy, so unless they change it Jeff's always going to have this over his head
    DONK! wrote: »
    Its all fake. he will be at WM

I'm sure Jeff appreciates the publicity, and WWE would also obviously love the media attention they'd get in April for using their drug policy in an angle

Although having said that, he could still be at Wrestlemania and get paid for it according to the Wellness policy's last amendment, but I don't see it happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Kinda ironic that Jeff's IC title reign started and ended by way of wellness policy punishment / suspension, which ia probably the most interesting fact about the IC title recently, certainly no interesting angles centred around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

its a shame he was doing so well and was so popular

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Well if it is for real hopefully its only for something minor but with his history and current physical condition......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

When orton was punished for it wasnt he back ahead of the 60 days??

Its a shame anyways, his push was kinda revitalising my flaggin interest in wwe.

TOPDAWG wrote: »
    When orton was punished for it wasnt he back ahead of the 60 days??

I can only remember him being suspended once, it was for 60 days but he said it was because he was caught smoking a joint backstage and for anger management issues. So it was unrelated to the Wellness Policy. Randy can mess up again and not be fired, Jeff can't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Jeff Hardy - 2008's Ken Kennedy!

No sympathy for the fool. That's his World title run ****ed out the window for a few years.

Why the **** do wrestlers pick the worst possible time to take steroids, or..... crack in Jeffs case, who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I didnt realise Jeff was 30 heading for 31 he seems (acts)alot younger seems likes he's been around forever though

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Jeff Hardy - 2008's Ken Kennedy!

No sympathy for the fool. That's his World title run ****ed out the window for a few years.
    Why the **** do wrestlers pick the worst possible time to take steroids, or..... crack in Jeffs case, who knows.

i dont think itll be that long now but he has certainly ****ed it up for a short while!

i dont think itll be that long now but he has certainly ****ed it up for a short while!

Why do you not think it'll be that long? Jeff has proven beyond any doubt that he's not reliable. He was released from WWE originally because he refused to get his addiction sorted out. He was suspended twice by TNA. He's been suspended twice by WWE. The only way WWE will give him a title run now is if they know 100% that they can rely on him, because if he gets caught out during it then they'll have to fire their champion. And there simply is no way that they can be sure that he won't mess up again, so I can't see them giving him the belt unless he can last a few years staying clean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

They could use the suspension as an excuse to move him to Smackdown where he'd have much more of a chance of becoming champion considering their limited roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

There is no way they'll ever put the belt on him now. I think that excerpt from an interview he gave underlines why wrestlers need an off-season. It's just a vicious cycle, otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Bubs101 wrote: »
    They could use the suspension as an excuse to move him to Smackdown where he'd have much more of a chance of becoming champion considering their limited roster
    Um, and why would they want him to become a champion? See Fozzy's post above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement