Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Legacy rsk b4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

yeah sounds like it was waitin to go! is it in bad shape? thats not a bad quote, im 23 (24 in july) and i bought a celica in jan and quinn added 480 onto mine until aug. same as urself 2nd year drivin fully comp for 1950 all together! i got down to 1500 on a 2L accord

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh thats not bad for an accord. i was eyein' up a 2.2 accord euro r... nice motors.

dunno how bad it is. their bloke is comin to look at it tonight. hope it aint bad cuz she was the nicest they had by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

soft engines, always a risk buying them, I'd only buy one myslef if i had enough money for the engine rebuild that may be required.

Bit of a sickner to only have it 4 hours though, is it covered under warranty? if so then you should be entitled to a full engine rebuild if thats what required

yeh its covered under warrenty, theyre lifting it today.. hopefully its only something small enough.

thats brill. bet your knees have stopped clappin now!

• Advertisement

any news yet lad?

not yet, they lifted it about 1 o clock yesterday. havent rang me yet. im sure they will today though, or ill give them a buzz.

are you sure it was a piston that blew in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭chewb

I can't tell from the pics, but is your's manual or auto? A lot for sale seem to be autos.

does a legacey have a boxer engine too??

• Advertisement

the b4 has the twin turbo boxer engine

yeh its a 2 stage twin turbo boxer engine.

mines a manual yeh.

looks like it might not be a piston. theyre not sure wot it is so theyre dismantling the engine over the weekend.

they gave me a blue b4 while theyre workin on mine - hasnt got a scratch on my one though!!

any word on the car??? did the solve the problem??? when wil you get it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 neasmh

HI, gonna buy a b4 tomorrow. but in my contry we have only 95 octane as best. car has a blow off valve. but it doesnt give the sound.. what wud be the problem?

no word on the car, was meant to ring me back tuesday, never did, then meant to ring me back yesterday, never did. i dunno whats even wrong with the dam thing. :confused:

gonna ring in a min. want my baby back!!

tel him you want your funds back and that wil get them movin, my bro did it wit ford and the paid replaced the car that day! i know you dont want a different car but you want to know wats happening at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

neasmh wrote: »
    HI, gonna buy a b4 tomorrow. but in my contry we have only 95 octane as best. car has a blow off valve. but it doesnt give the sound.. what wud be the problem?

if the cars been sittin for a while it could be seized or it could need adjusting to release at the right pressure. any ideas what make it is.

any luck with the car copy.....did they give you a blue b4 cause i seen one floatin around donameade.

loada bullsh1t at the moment. yeh its a blue one they gave me, seems much slower. hasnt got the spoiler or anything either. the guys have to ring me today but i wont be holdin my breath.

car needs a full lower engine rebuild. offered me a few deals on the one im drivin now and another one but i dont like either of them.

heads wrecked...

jst tel them you want the one you paid for!!!

• Advertisement

yeh of course i can keep that one if i want but might be a bit ropey to take a car after such a big job.

if it comes down to having to take one of them ill take my chances with my one after they fix it...

wouldnt mind an impreza or an evo..

the car will be like new if the engine rebuild is done properly, shouldn't be ropey at all.

maybe ur right. if i take my one back i will pay an aa engineer to go through the car make sure theres nothing else wrong with it and to make sure that the job was done right.

then if he does find anything wrong wit it its still in the warrentee

askin for a refund for the legacy. was adviced 100% not to take the car back.. heart broken, but life goes on! was gonna go for an impreza but gonna steer clear of subaru's altogether, heard they dont like to be driven hard and the engines r pretty soft.

lookin at buyin a gsr cuz i cant get insured on an evo(for less than about 3500!)

so im gonna get a stock gsr and put an evo 4 or 5 kit on it. seen a few with the kits on them and done right they look good.

lookin for some advice, didnt wanna start a new thread...

has anyone here owned a gsr or driven one?

anyone any idea hwere to buy a an evo kit for a gsr that will fit?

cheers folks

to get a gsr to look perfectly like an evo your going to have to spend 3500 any to get it looking proper, the gsr looks good enough o its own and theres no point in pretending you have an evo when you dont.

why dont you just get the gsr for now and save your money for when you can afford an evo?

im gonna buy a stock white gsr, a nice clean 99 off the boat would be nice.

then im jus gonna put an evo 4 spoiler and kit on it.
    i think the gsr looks too bland when its stock, but looks nice with the spoiler and the kit.

949480_20080225080254_1.jpg

something like that?

still think they look lovely stock myself and would be a bit of a sleeper car.

I'd get this one, lose the bonnet and I think it would look lovely :D

865439_20080319020311_5.jpg

still thats just my opinion, let us know what what you get and get pics up?

out of interest why are you not taking the car back and under what grounds were you advised not to take it back?

hahahahaha i went to look at that white one before i bought the legacy. thing is a junker.. the doors arnt even white, their an off white colour, almost yellow. them pics must have been taken when he first got the kit put on..the bro in law went through the engine and told me to walk away after about 2 mins, the engine was in bits, the body kit doesnt fit anywhere, sticks out. theres chicken wire hangin out the front and the chap has the cheek of askin 10 grand plus for it!

the grey ones not too bad but the lexus lights on the back of it are rank aswell, and tbh as sad as it sounds i really want a white motor!

theres a nice clean white one stock in jap cars on carzone. heard bad things about jap cars though.. any one dealt with them?

fella down the road from me sold his gsr the other day : (

was a 99 with evo 4 bodykit and evo 5 front splitter. looked lovely. was done proper and looked mint.

• Advertisement

heres the gsr the lad on my road sold.

Advertisement