Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Legacy rsk b4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

copeyhagen wrote: »
    theres a nice clean white one stock in jap cars on carzone. heard bad things about jap cars though.. any one dealt with them?

yeh the white one looks shoddy enough, I was trying to use it to get my point across that the stock gsr is better off without a bodykit on it but the pic of the one you have there is very nice :cool:

also agree the lexus lights are rank on the grey one, am a life time hater of lexus lights on any car that they weren't oem.

You should go to jap cars yourself if you get a chance, an absolute disgrace of a business, you'll come out laughing how anyone could buy anything off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

askin for a refund for the legacy. was adviced 100% not to take the car back.. heart broken, but life goes on! was gonna go for an impreza but gonna steer clear of subaru's altogether, heard they dont like to be driven hard and the engines r pretty soft.

lookin at buyin a gsr cuz i cant get insured on an evo(for less than about 3500!)

so im gonna get a stock gsr and put an evo 4 or 5 kit on it. seen a few with the kits on them and done right they look good.

lookin for some advice, didnt wanna start a new thread...

has anyone here owned a gsr or driven one?

anyone any idea hwere to buy a an evo kit for a gsr that will fit?

cheers folks

i heard that about the pistons and its always usually one of the 2 middle pistons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

draffodx wrote: »
    yeh the white one looks shoddy enough, I was trying to use it to get my point across that the stock gsr is better off without a bodykit on it but the pic of the one you have there is very nice :cool:

also agree the lexus lights are rank on the grey one, am a life time hater of lexus lights on any car that they weren't oem.

You should go to jap cars yourself if you get a chance, an absolute disgrace of a business, you'll come out laughing how anyone could buy anything off them

plenty of lads out there selling ****ters for mennntal money,but there are eejits out there willing to pay the money and thats how it keeps that racket going.sooner people cop on to that sort of dealer the better.
    theres abuyers market out there at the moment which helps.
    NAME AND SHAME ****TY CAR SELLERS:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

think it was the big end bearings that went on the legacy..means nothin to me i havent a clue.

and that white gsr was a private sale that i went to. cheeky monkey!

totally agree with lexus lights, everyone and their sister has them on their polo, golf, punto etc. never really liked them at all.

tbh i think i was just unlucky with my legacy, think the garage i boguht it from are grand and its likely they didnt know anything was up with the car. it drove eprfect for a while and they only take them from the shippers to their garage ya know.

its deffo a buyers market though i agree 100%

think i was just unlucky with my legacy, think the garage i boguht it from are grand and its likely they didnt know anything was up with the car. it drove eprfect for a while and they only take them from the shippers to their garage ya know.

Yeh its just the way the Legacy is, its got great power but is especially unreliable, even more so than imprezas, there is alot of them blowing there engines in Ireland due to people not taking care of them properly and they hate our petrol, my cousin got away with it for a month before his blew, a remap is essential for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

if its jap cars in santry you could walk around all day in awe but the guy working there wil never come near you until you go to him! when i was looking for my car he asked me only two questions; what you looking for & how much you got? i walked straight off on him!! end up buying a celica over the south side

they have such a huge collection of cars (on carzone) that its surprising theyre dodgy. (apparently) i have had no dealings myself with jap cars.

the legacy came with half a tank of juice, i drove for about 2 hours and the tank was halved again (east the juice) so i filled it up with the maxol e95.

was gonna get it re mapped and all in june. o well!!

glad it happened quicker rather than outisde the warrenty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

You Could Buy my 94 Silvia S14.

Only selling because im going to China :( I dont want to sell. :(

Its also on CBG.:(

silvias r lovely alright but i have a bug for the mitsi's!!

they offered me either of these two...

honda torneo euro r, 2.2 ltr.

theyre both lovely, i like the white one though..

CL1-1000198_3.jpg

CL1-1002245_6.jpg

im a sucker for white cars!!

• Advertisement

actually on closer inspection i prefer the black one, lovely front lip on it and the red badge : )

i think theyre an accord type r that they amde for the year 2000 only.

not too sure.

twin pipes, nice lookin yokes.

lovely cars!!

I found the two cars on carzone and have to say i prefer the white one, and i dont even like white cars!! The front bumper on the black one doesn't suit it at all, destroys the lines of the car and you can get them red badges relatively cheaply and easily anyway :D

as for the accord euro r itself, lovely cars! 220bhp, great handling, Vtec sound! cant go wrong, not as powerfull as the b4 but in my opinion there so much better, and if the engine is service and minded properly you wont have too much worries with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Trade Sales Ireland? I was going to head down there tomorrow to go look at a few Legacy's (thats how I found this thread) and see if they will take my Porsche 944 for a trade in. Need something with more than 2 doors ....

yeh i have to say theyre sound to deal with, i was just unlucky with the b4.

i like the white one more at first but the black is the one im takin. should have it tuesday or thereabouts..

the white one would look mint with a little spoiler.

yeh i have to say theyre sound to deal with, i was just unlucky with the b4.

i like the white one more at first but the black is the one im takin. should have it tuesday or thereabouts..

the white one would look mint with a little spoiler.

Any idea if they are open on Saturdays and what time? Might pop down tomorrow. Interested in some of the Legacys that they have as well as the Lexii?

Have you driven any of the Legacy's that they currently have for sale?

yeh the blue one i had while mine was in the shop. wasnt bad, was a 99, my white one was waaaaay nicer though. they have 2 blue ones and a black one as far as i know. the black one i think was a 00. they have some lovely altezza's, yamaha beams ones. they were out of my price range.

i think the black torneo is a better choice cuz its a 6 speed and when the time comes i reckon it will sell easier. gonna lower the black one anyway.

last car was a honda lsi 1.6 and it was a tank, hondas are great cars.

yeh the blue one i had while mine was in the shop. wasnt bad, was a 99, my white one was waaaaay nicer though. they have 2 blue ones and a black one as far as i know. the black one i think was a 00. they have some lovely altezza's, yamaha beams ones. they were out of my price range.

i think the black torneo is a better choice cuz its a 6 speed and when the time comes i reckon it will sell easier. gonna lower the black one anyway.

last car was a honda lsi 1.6 and it was a tank, hondas are great cars.

Thanks. Do you think they would be open tomorrow?

sorry mate was meant toanswer that earlier, yeh as far as i nkow theyre open all day. and sundays too

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnjoeB4

they have such a huge collection of cars (on carzone) that its surprising theyre dodgy. (apparently) i have had no dealings myself with jap cars.

the legacy came with half a tank of juice, i drove for about 2 hours and the tank was halved again (east the juice) so i filled it up with the maxol e95.

was gonna get it re mapped and all in june. o well!!

glad it happened quicker rather than outisde the warrenty

Did u fill it with E5 or E85? Cuz E85 is 15% methanol and would wreck the engine...

• Advertisement

it was their e5, i keep gettin that confused with the octane number of it :rolleyes:

and there was a burning smell from the car the day i got it, like a clutch smell. i put it down to the engine getting used to our petrol, cuz they gave it to me with a half tank from empty. big mistake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

They didnt come with a 6 speed box,In euro R guise theres an accord and a torneo,torneo has different lights and grill on the front and differnet lights on the back,there a cheaper car to buy than the accord too,you can get them from 00 to 02.

Interiors in them both are the same,recaros,white clocks momo wheel ect and they both have the same H22 engine.

If ones claiming to be 6 speed id have a good look over it,only thing i can thing of is its running a box from a K20 honda engine but i wouldnt know if its possible to mate the two even.

If your on a budget take a look at an accord/torneo sir-t.2litre f20 vtec,interiors are the same looking bar no recaros or momos and virtually the same outside too,bar the euro r has like lips on the archs.Still a quick enough car 180odd bhp

im not paying any money for it, its a stright swap for my legacy from the garage.

the white one is advertised as a 5 speed, the black as a 6, theyre both torneos alright, i seen them when i was out buyin my legacy.

it could be a typo, but the guy said the black one has an uprated exhaust and few other bits and pieces.

goin to get it this evenin so i'll let ya know! oh and i think the torneo euro r was available in 2000, then a slightly diff model in 2002 and then again in 2005. think i read that on wiki or somethin.

220 bhp in the euro r sounds a bit more tempting :)

tis a beaut..love it.

madisonmotorsAccBla581.jpg

madisonmotorsAccBla579.jpg

madisonmotorsAccBla577.jpg

madisonmotorsAccBla572.jpg

madisonmotorsAccBla574.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

very nice lad! i never saw one of these til my mate bought one last year and now im noticing them every where now! are you living around donaghmede think i saw the car last night!!!

yeh im donaghmede yeh.

yeh i heard theyre gonna be more popular now, a lot of people are bringing them over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭da7a

Just wanted to say, in defence of the Subarus, Ive been happily driving my B4 RSK for the last year in New Zealand and I havent had a single problem with it, best car Ive ever had.

They do need to be regularly serviced though to ensure nothing goes on them. You cant drive them to the redline straight after turning the ignition either, you have to give the turbos a chance to warm up before you go flooring it, same goes for before you turn it off, they need to be driven easy for a minute or two to let it cool down. Im sure thats the same with any turbo car though, unless you get a turbo timer fitted.

I totally sympathise with the op though, if that happened to me a few hours out of the garage id run a mile. Hope you have better luck with the next one...

i'm sure new zealand has better petrol than us?

and better women ; )

thinking of selling it when the insurance is up in may, drop down to a 2 litre impreza or somethin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭da7a

The petrol in NZ is the same as in ireland. Most petrol stations have 95ron as thier high octane fuel but I used to run it on BP ultimate which was 98ron. Nz fuel is better in that is cheaper than irish fuel but when youre earning the worthless kiwi dollar it actually becomes less affordable than here.

I reckon kiwi women have the best legs in the world but thats a whole other thread....

Advertisement