Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the Lead out of a 22lr

Options
  • 11-03-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Whats the best product for getting the lead out of a 22lr barrel. I can find pleanty of products to remove copper, Hoppes stuff, from a rifle bore but whats best to Get The Lead Out?
    Also how often to clean the barrel of a 22lr and what methods do you use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Any of the powder solvents will do the job. Every 500ish rounds I clean with jag, patches and brush

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

vfg bore paste is very good. I don't use it all the time though, just for a "big" clean. (It keeps finding more dirt, the last time it took 2 x 3 hour sessions) Most of the time I use the solvent available in DURC, I can't remember the name of it, but it's decent enough for removing the bulk of the crud.

I clean pretty much after every session (20-100 rounds), but then again it's a club gun and it sees a lot of mileage and will be in the club for years so I try to keep it in the best condition I can.

Advertisement