Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow access

Options
  • 11-03-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭

Hey is anyone else getting held up loading by adfarm mediaplex loading seems to be slowing my access all day
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

No problems here. Been fine all day. (non-Irish ISP)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

No problems here (non-Irish ISP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not having any issues here (US provider).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Must be me stoopid upside down isp :(

Thanks for the quick replies :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Anyone actually living in Ireland in Feedback today? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My browser seems to stall on read ww.boards.ie, anyone else getting that? Nothing about adfarm though.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

seems fine for me today (irish isp)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

sioda wrote: »
    Hey is anyone else getting held up loading by adfarm mediaplex loading seems to be slowing my access all day

qué?

Boards is whizzing along fine for me. Ireland btw.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Flying for me all day too, Ireland aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I seem to be stalling if I'm refreshing but it's grand if I click on another forum or the home page.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Just starting to slow now. Damn you OP

Also, :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

My browser seems to stall on read ww.boards.ie, anyone else getting that? Nothing about adfarm though.
    That's happening to me, and also adfarm weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

VERRRY slow here now. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DesF wrote: »
    That's happening to me, and also adfarm weirdness.
    Can you do anything while it's stalling? e.g. switch tab, does the context menu appear when you right click.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It took 18 seconds to open this thread :D I'm not even sure of this reply will post before it times out.

However, I have sneaky suspicion that my companies network has gone down the proverbial toilet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

That recent slowness was because of Cult's "thanks" add-on, which is now removed, and so we're back at full speed again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Verrrrrrry slow here too ... could be something to do with the "thank you" button Cult is playing with?

Can you do anything while it's stalling? e.g. switch tab, does the context menu appear when you right click.
    Nope.

FF 2.0.0.8 here btw fyi.

Nope.

FF 2.0.0.8 here btw fyi.
    So it's not just me. I'm on ff 2.0.0.12 but it stalls for me on opera and ie so it's not a browser problem. I think it may be down to a javascript problem. I'm gonna install noscript and see if that fixes it.

So it's not just me. I'm on ff 2.0.0.12 but it stalls for me on opera and ie so it's not a browser problem. I think it may be down to a javascript problem. I'm gonna install noscript and see if that fixes it.
    [noscript][/ noscript]should work :p

If that does work, will you post here, thanks.

• Advertisement

If that does work, will you post here, thanks.
    Yep, it works. Noscript is a pain in the balls for sites like boards. Quick reply can't be used among with a load of other things. Although it is worth it.

Wow :eek:

Speeds are way improved.

Nice one for that, I'd never heard of noscript before tbh.

If only there was some way to express thanks to other users.

Wow :eek:

Speeds are way improved.

Nice one for that, I'd never heard of noscript before tbh.
    Yeah it's making a huge improvement for me too.
    If only there was some way to express thanks to other users.
    lol, if only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Not working well now at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Not working for me either :(

Is there something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

BOARDS!!! How could you? You let me down!! What happened?

Mrs_Doyle wrote: »
    What happened?

Pacman smiley ran out of lives.

Been down for most of the evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Now thats some major bandwidth rapeage: the front page just looked like it was from 1992 it took that long for the graphics to load.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Horrible load times and time outs randomly since this afternoon...thought it was my ISP (BT) since some other sites were slow but seems to be consistently bad only on these forums...

Advertisement