Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow access

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Been very slow for me the last few hours - I just got a DataBase error also.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Might just be this storm system acting the tit. Or someone forgot to give the hamsters their cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Looks to me like Digiweb has been falling off the interweb intermittently this evening - each time boards was down I couldn't get to Digiweb's own site either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

C'mon CuLt....get the finger out!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

It took me nearly 10mins to get here! (I really should waste my time on something productive :rolleyes: ).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Awful awful awful sack Rafa I mean er.....who's in charge again?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Boards has been down for most of the evening here. All the new :pac: :pac: :pac: must be clogging up the tubes...

... :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Managed to get in here through the Boards group link on Boards.jp. Can't get in through direct link to the main site, everything just dies and I get a "cannot connect to server" message. On FF 2.0.0.12 and BT, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'm on BT also and its FECKED. I think it could be the altfarm.mediaplex ads that are doing it. Any word from the admins or CuLT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Digiweb are having major network issues. Boards is hosted by digiweb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

cornbb wrote: »
    Boards has been down for most of the evening here. All the new :pac: :pac: :pac: must be clogging up the tubes...

... :pac:

They realised there were no ghosts in there so started eating the hamsters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Digiweb routing (INEX/DEG/etc.) has been well and truely b0rked all evening (since about 6.45pm). Metro, DSL and (more worryingly) data centre customers have been affected with no acknowledgement or resolution in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,957 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

testicle wrote: »
    Digiweb are having major network issues. Boards is hosted by digiweb.

Thought thats what it is. Im on Digiweb and my connection has been on and off all night.

cgarvey wrote: »
    Digiweb routing (INEX/DEG/etc.) has been well and truely b0rked all evening (since about 6.45pm). Metro, DSL and (more worryingly) data centre customers have been affected with no acknowledgement or resolution in sight.

DEG is a DC, INEX is an Exchange, only one of them has to do with routing.

I understand a massive DOS is in progress against Digiweb.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

kyub wrote: »
    I'm on BT also and its FECKED. I think it could be the altfarm.mediaplex ads that are doing it. Any word from the admins or CuLT?
    Doubt it coz I have adblock in firefox and its still slow!

Nick

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

yoyo wrote: »
    I have adblock in firefox

Don't let DeV hear you say that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Where did you hear that?

Better yet, who has a bot farm that can take down a ISP? Thats some hardcore bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

DEG is a DC, INEX is an Exchange, only one of them has to do with routing.

Allow me clarify, for the pedantic. Some/most/(all?) Digiweb routes leaving DEG have been b0rked all evening. As too has their INEX peering. As too has some/most/(all?) data centre customers (dedicated, colo, boards.ie, etc.) been on/offline all evening.

Could well be a DOS (I'll assume you have inside knowledge to know that and be so pedantic!). Not something you'll see reported on their website ("No issues" being reported). Not something support staff will tell you when you call. Not something support staff will leave in voicemail to you.

To summarise. Digiweb has been screwed all evening and that is the cause of boards.ie being unavailable to many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

There's been a very, very large DDoS. I'll expect the network team to have it fully under control shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

My server in Digiweb has been having problems since 6ish, so it must be on Digiwebs side tbh.

Edit: The man has spoken :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Better yet, who has a bot farm that can take down a ISP? Thats some hardcore bandwidth.
    zOMG Somebody has hax0red google. :eek:

Edit: Wow, really didn't think it was a dos attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

regi wrote: »
    There's been a very, very large DDoS. I'll expect the network team to have it fully under control shortly.

Zee Germans are attacking, ja !!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

On Digiweb as well but some sites coming through. Boards.ie is fine but many other sites timing out. Opera best perfoming browser for me at present. Both Firefox 2.0.0.12 and IE 7 acting up.

Edit: Wow, really didn't think it was a dos attack.

Oh ye of little faith...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,957 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well after 6 hours my Digiweb connection is now working properly again. As is boards.

ZOMFG it's hosted on my hard drive :eek:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wanna explain how you knew that it was a ddos??

As for adblocking, if there is a problem with the site and it speeds it up, ok. Otherwise its not something I want put in my face, ta.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

was it the same tonight as when Cult said it was a ddos last time?
    and if so who/why? :pac:

whats with ad blocking too?

Nerin was very bored earlier because i could get back onto boards.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

/þ050l0¤0Û11J1‚1º1ò2*2c2›2Ô3
    3F33¸3ñ4+4e4ž4Ø55M5‡5Â5ý676r6®6é7$7`7œ7×88P8Œ8È99B99¼9ù:6:t:²:ï;-;k;ª;è<'<e<¤<ã="=a=¡=à> >`> >à?!?a?¢?â@#@d@¦;;A)AjA¬AîB0BrBµB÷C:C}CÀDDGDŠDÎEEUEšEÞF"FgF«FðG5G{GÀHHKH‘H×IIcI©IðJ7J}JÄKKSKšK
    âL*LrLºMMJM“MÜN%NnN·O OIO“OÝP'PqP»QQPQ›QæR1R|RÇSS_SªSöTBT�TÛU(UuUÂVV\V©V÷WDW’WàX/X}XËYYiY¸ZZVZ¦Zõ[E[•[å\5\†\Ö]']x]É^
    ^l^½__a_³``W`ª`üaOa¢aõbIbœbðcCc—cëd@d”dée=e’eçf=f’fèg=g“géh?h–hìiCišiñjHjŸj÷kOk§kÿlWl¯mm`m¹nnknÄoox
    oÑp+p†pàq:q•qðrKr¦ss]s¸ttptÌu(u…uáv>v›vøwVw³xxnxÌy*y‰yçzFz¥{{c{Â|!|�|á}A}¡~~b~Â#„å€G€¨�
    �k�Í‚0‚’‚ôƒWƒº„„€„ã…G…«††r†×‡;‡ŸˆˆiˆÎ‰3‰™‰þŠdŠÊ‹0‹–‹üŒcŒÊ�1�˜�ÿŽfŽÎ�6�ž��n�Ö‘?‘¨’’z’ã“M“¶” ”Š
    ”ô•_•É–4–Ÿ—
    —u—à˜L˜¸™$™�™üšhšÕ›B›¯œœ‰œ÷�d�Òž;®ŸŸ‹Ÿú i Ø¡G¡¶¢&¢–££v£æ¤V¤Ç¥8¥©¦¦‹¦ý§n§à¨R¨Ä©7©©ªª�««u«é¬\¬Ð­D­¸®-®¡¯¯‹° °u°ê±`±Ö²K²Â³8³®´%´œµµŠ¶¶y¶ð·h·à¸Y¸Ñ¹J¹Âº;ºµ».»§¼!¼›½½�¾
    ¾„¾ÿ¿z¿õÀpÀìÁgÁãÂ_ÂÛÃXÃÔÄQÄÎÅKÅÈÆFÆÃÇAÇ¿È=ȼÉ:ɹÊ8Ê·Ë6˶Ì5̵Í5͵Î6ζÏ7ϸÐ9кÑ<ѾÒ?ÒÁÓDÓÆÔIÔËÕ
    NÕÑÖUÖØ×\×àØdØèÙlÙñÚvÚûÛ€ÜÜŠÝÝ–ÞÞ¢ß)߯à6à½áDáÌâSâÛãcãëäsäüå„æ
    æ–çç©è2è¼éFéÐê[êåëpëûì†ííœî(î´ï;ÌðXðåñrñÿòŒóó§ô4ôÂõPõÞömöû÷Šøø¨ù8ùÇúWúçûwüü˜ý)ýº

COUGH* COUGH*

whew.... we seem to be back online now.. woo, I'm dizzy... now I know how the database feels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Overheal wrote: »
    /þ050l0€0Û11J1‚1º1ò2*2c2›2Ô3
    3F33¸3ñ4+4e4ž4Ø55M5‡5Â5ý676r6®6é7$7`7œ7×88P8Œ8È99B99¼9ù:6:t:²:ï;-;k;ª;è<'<e<€<ã="=a=¡=à> >`> >à?!?a?¢?â@#@d@¦;;A)AjA¬AîB0BrBµB÷C:C}CÀDDGDŠDÎEEUEšEÞF"FgF«FðG5G{GÀHHKH‘H×IIcI©IðJ7J}JÄKKSKšK
    âL*LrLºMMJM“MÜN%NnN·O OIO“OÝP'PqP»QQPQ›QæR1R|RÇSS_SªSöTBT�TÛU(UuUÂVV\V©V÷WDW’WàX/X}XËYYiY¸ZZVZ¦Zõ[E[•[å\5\†\Ö]']x]É^
    ^l^½__a_³``W`ª`üaOa¢aõbIbœbðcCc—cëd@d”dée=e’eçf=f’fèg=g“géh?h–hìiCišiñjHjŸj÷kOk§kÿlWl¯mm`m¹nnknÄoox
    oÑp+p†pàq:q•qðrKr¦ss]s¸ttptÌu(u…uáv>v›vøwVw³xxnxÌy*y‰yçzFz¥{{c{Â|!|�|á}A}¡~~b~Â#„å€G€¨�
    �k�Í‚0‚’‚ôƒWƒº„„€„ã…G…«††r†×‡;‡ŸˆˆiˆÎ‰3‰™‰þŠdŠÊ‹0‹–‹üŒcŒÊ�1�˜�ÿŽfŽÎ�6�ž��n�Ö‘?‘¨’’z’ã“M“¶” ”Š
    ”ô•_•É–4–Ÿ—
    —u—à˜L˜¸™$™�™üšhšÕ›B›¯œœ‰œ÷�d�Òž;®ŸŸ‹Ÿú i Ø¡G¡¶¢&¢–££v£æ€V€Ç¥8¥©¦¦‹¦ý§n§à¨R¨Ä©7©©ªª�««u«é¬\¬Ð*D*¸®-®¡¯¯‹° °u°ê±`±Ö²K²Â³8³®´%´œµµŠ¶¶y¶ð·h·à¸Y¸Ñ¹J¹Âº;ºµ».»§¼!¼›½½�¾
    ¾„¾ÿ¿z¿õÀpÀìÁgÁãÂ_ÂÛÃXÃÔÄQÄÎÅKÅÈÆFÆÃÇAÇ¿È=ȼÉ:ɹÊ8Ê·Ë6˶Ì5̵Í5͵Î6ζÏ7ϸÐ9кÑ<ѾÒ?ÒÁÓDÓÆÔIÔËÕ
    NÕÑÖUÖØ×\×àØdØèÙlÙñÚvÚûÛ€ÜÜŠÝÝ–ÞÞ¢ß)߯à6à½áDáÌâSâÛãcãëäsäüå„æ
    æ–çç©è2è¼éFéÐê[êåëpëûì†ííœî(î´ï;ÌðXðåñrñÿòŒóó§ô4ôÂõPõÞömöû÷Šøø¨ù8ùÇúWúçûwüü˜ý)ýº

COUGH* COUGH*

whew.... we seem to be back online now.. woo, I'm dizzy... now I know how the database feels
    *looks suspiciously at overheal* icon_uhoh.gif

Advertisement