Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow access

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Overheal wrote: »
    /þ050l0€0Û11J1‚1º1ò2*2c2›2Ô3
    3F33¸3ñ4+4e4ž4Ø55M5‡5Â5ý676r6®6é7$7`7œ7×88P8Œ8È99B99¼9ù:6:t:²:ï;-;k;ª;è<'<e<€<ã="=a=¡=à> >`> >à?!?a?¢?â@#@d@¦;;A)AjA¬AîB0BrBµB÷C:C}CÀDDGDŠDÎEEUEšEÞF"FgF«FðG5G{GÀHHKH‘H×IIcI©IðJ7J}JÄKKSKšK
    âL*LrLºMMJM“MÜN%NnN·O OIO“OÝP'PqP»QQPQ›QæR1R|RÇSS_SªSöTBT�TÛU(UuUÂVV\V©V÷WDW’WàX/X}XËYYiY¸ZZVZ¦Zõ[E[•[å\5\†\Ö]']x]É^
    ^l^½__a_³``W`ª`üaOa¢aõbIbœbðcCc—cëd@d”dée=e’eçf=f’fèg=g“géh?h–hìiCišiñjHjŸj÷kOk§kÿlWl¯mm`m¹nnknÄoox
    oÑp+p†pàq:q•qðrKr¦ss]s¸ttptÌu(u…uáv>v›vøwVw³xxnxÌy*y‰yçzFz¥{{c{Â|!|�|á}A}¡~~b~Â#„å€G€¨�
    �k�Í‚0‚’‚ôƒWƒº„„€„ã…G…«††r†×‡;‡ŸˆˆiˆÎ‰3‰™‰þŠdŠÊ‹0‹–‹üŒcŒÊ�1�˜�ÿŽfŽÎ�6�ž��n�Ö‘?‘¨’’z’ã“M“¶” ”Š
    ”ô•_•É–4–Ÿ—
    —u—à˜L˜¸™$™�™üšhšÕ›B›¯œœ‰œ÷�d�Òž;®ŸŸ‹Ÿú i Ø¡G¡¶¢&¢–££v£æ€V€Ç¥8¥©¦¦‹¦ý§n§à¨R¨Ä©7©©ªª�««u«é¬\¬Ð*D*¸®-®¡¯¯‹° °u°ê±`±Ö²K²Â³8³®´%´œµµŠ¶¶y¶ð·h·à¸Y¸Ñ¹J¹Âº;ºµ».»§¼!¼›½½�¾
    ¾„¾ÿ¿z¿õÀpÀìÁgÁãÂ_ÂÛÃXÃÔÄQÄÎÅKÅÈÆFÆÃÇAÇ¿È=ȼÉ:ɹÊ8Ê·Ë6˶Ì5̵Í5͵Î6ζÏ7ϸÐ9кÑ<ѾÒ?ÒÁÓDÓÆÔIÔËÕ
    NÕÑÖUÖØ×\×àØdØèÙlÙñÚvÚûÛ€ÜÜŠÝÝ–ÞÞ¢ß)߯à6à½áDáÌâSâÛãcãëäsäüå„æ
    æ–çç©è2è¼éFéÐê[êåëpëûì†ííœî(î´ï;ÌðXðåñrñÿòŒóó§ô4ôÂõPõÞömöû÷Šøø¨ù8ùÇúWúçûwüü˜ý)ýº

COUGH* COUGH*

whew.... we seem to be back online now.. woo, I'm dizzy... now I know how the database feels

Quit dossing overheal

I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You can get the same result by opening up a JPEG in notepad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

All good now thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I went outdoors for a while, scary, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

boards is back on the speed again. nice on! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

So it was a ddos.
    nerin wrote: »
    whats with ad blocking too?
    Some users were saying certain ads were slowing down page loading. The ads help pay towards the upkeep of the site. They aren't exactly intrusive or annoying pop-ups. Would you like it if freeloaders were telling you how they were using your stuff and not helping to pay for it? If you wanna help boards out add boards to the adblock whitelist. This is not directed at you btw, just an explanation to your question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

coolies, i understand now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Dos/DDos don't typicaly impact INEX links - did the attack originate in another irish isp? (otherwise INEX should have remained online)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sounds like a disgruntled ex-Digiweb customer.

Or those godhatesireland people.

'this isn't an attack on the internet, no, it's an attack on Freedom! You DO like freedom don't you?!?!??!?!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

seamus wrote: »

Or those godhatesireland people.
    blasted Phelps!
    i already did one battle cry when there was the last dos attack,im not doin another ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

So, everything Digiweb seemed to be done for the last hour or so. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Yep

Another DOS? Digiweb status page is rather quiet about these problems.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Went down around 2AM last night (not the backup) for a short period.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jesus Steve, you go bananas when people point out H365 issues here but are the first in with the boot in this instance. Cop on, you do your company no benefit.

This is a big DDOS, not just big enough to blow Boards out of it (hard enough, previous we've been DDOS by people who were banned and didn't notice!) but enough to take a datacentre off the internet. Thats a big botnet!
    Boards isnt the target of this, but we are feeling the side effects of it. To be fair to the Digiweb guys they've kept us informed and got us back on the air pretty fast.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hagar wrote: »
    I went outdoors for a while, scary, I wouldn't recommend it.

hypocrite >_> I'm gonna go find those member profiles for Cake now.
    DeV wrote:
    Boards isnt the target of this, but we are feeling the side effects of it. To be fair to the Digiweb guys they've kept us informed and got us back on the air pretty fast

who is the target? Maybe the Record Companies are finally getting anal about mp3 piracy :rolleyes:

Advertisement