Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Telly Gone Mad....

Options
  • 11-03-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Very quick Q, more than probably been answered before, just need a wee bit of advice..

My kind and goodly wife bought a TV in Tesco back in October. Yesterday it went nutty.

Even tho I kept a close eye on the receipt, miracle of miracles, its now nowhere to be found :(. The points for the telly were credited to a club card tho, so is there any leg to stand on in getting it fixed under warranty/by Tesco's?

Wife called the store who said, no reciept, no can do.... :mad:

Thanks

FBP.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if you go in an explain the situation to them Tesco more than likely will send the TV for repair (as I've previously found them good for that sort of thing).

also, if you paid for it by credit card / laser that can also act as a receipt if you do not have the original receipt.

just don't expect a replacement / refund without receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

As already said Tesco can't demand the receipt. All they can legally require is proof of purchase, which doesn't have to be a receipt (just something that would leave a court, for instance, in little doubt that you had purchased the item on X).

As far as I know the only thing that gets recorded on the card is the value of a purchase. So I don't think they'd accept that.

Advertisement