Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance for test

Options
  • 11-03-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

I have a question about using an instructers car for the test. I always just thought you could use the car on the day and just pay like the 30 quid for the lesson. my instructer has tld me though that I need to pay 90 euro to get insured for the day on his car. His arguement being that im only insured when hes next to me? Is it normal to have to pay 90 quid for that???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That sounds about right. Think it was about 70 quid when I did it 3 or 4 years ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Sounds about right.

(I had to pay an instructor £90 for the use of a motorcycle for a test and that was a good few years ago!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

oh....im a bit surprised now tbh. When my sis did hers in kilkenny, she didnt have ta pay for the insurance...hmmm.

okay then, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I did my test about 4 years ago and paid the instructor €30 for the car for the hour. i guess he was just on the sound side though. if you think about it though 90 for an hour is a lot though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

I paid 80 quid i think..

If you think 90 quid is too much, try blag a free 30 minute lesson of them, some do a lesson beforehand anyway, and good luck..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I paid 50 for the use of mine plus the 30 an hour fee..

so yeah, 80 for my test..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'm doing my test next week in Kilkenny and am paying €70 to use my instructors test as well as have a €35 lesson right before my test. I think it's a fair enough price. When is your test?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

seems fair enough i guess. Wish I was doin my test in KK, familiar roads. instead i get ta do mine in limerick....wooooo.... test is on wednesday, @ 10.05 so shouldnt be too much traffic *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Well good luck with it! Sure you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

oh....im a bit surprised now tbh. When my sis did hers in kilkenny, she didnt have ta pay for the insurance...hmmm.

okay then, thanks

When I did mine I just paid the same rate as if it were a lesson, i.e. €30, as that is what he was losing from not being able to teach during the lesson time. I had an hour-long lesson beforehand too so it came to a total of €60. (Not in Dublin though!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement