Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tra Fest 2008

Options
  • 11-03-2008 3:30pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got an interesting piece of news today. Apparently, this years Tra Fest has lost its sponsor which was originally Diageo Ireland. They have decided not to sponsor this years event, despite getting the go ahead from the Guards to have the festival (on the streets to).

I have been given some details to the chap organising this years event, and by the looks of things unless they can get a big sponsor it wont be happening. While local business I am sure wont have any problems adding to the fund - I cant see what they provide being sufficient. What the Tra Fest needs is some big businesses to sponsor the event. It would be great for tourism in Tramore, and do local businesses great.

What are Diageo playing at? Id love to know what made them decide not to sponsor the festival this year. Seems rather odd to me, I cant see sponsoring it being a bad thing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Well thats a loads of bollocks. TraFest is always a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Last year the festival's main sponsor was Guinness (owned by Diageo)

Maybe they think that a street festival won't actually do much to boost sales of Guiness - how many people will you see standing on Strand Street drinking Guinness?

It might be a better choice to get Dutch Gold or Bulmers to sponsor it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Too true.

Mike.

Advertisement