Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Vista to Spanish?

• 11-03-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    my Spanish friend just got a new Dell machine and she wants to know can she change EVERYTHING (not just the keyboard) to Spanish. So all the menus etc are in Spanish. I don't ever remember there being an option in XP, would she have to get a Spanish version of Vista or would there be a "choose your language" option before installing? Although probably not on the Dell version?

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The MUI language packs are part of the Ultimate Extras. I'm not sure if they come seperately.
    Have a read:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/35a1b021-d96c-49a5-8d8f-5e9d64ab5ecc1033.mspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks, that's a bit annoying you need the premium versions :(

Would there be any third party converters I wonder?

If you don't have Vista Ultimate the only thing I could suggest would be to somehow locate Spanish installation media for any version of Vista and do a clean install with the product key you already have. The version printed on the disc doesn't matter because they're all on it, the key determines which one is installed; with the exception of 32-bit vs 64-bit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Karsini wrote: »
    If you don't have Vista Ultimate the only thing I could suggest would be to somehow locate Spanish installation media for any version of Vista and do a clean install with the product key you already have. The version printed on the disc doesn't matter because they're all on it, the key determines which one is installed; with the exception of 32-bit vs 64-bit.
    Unfortunatly the EULA won't allow that :(
    on previous versions of windows there wasn't even the option of going premium , only volume license users could buy the language packs

in the past it was possible to use foreign language service packs to get some files changed but it don't seem to work any more

you could try IE in spanish , I don't know if it change system menus
    you can get openoffice and firefox and most other goodies in spanish too

So the EULA doesn't allow you to use for example, an English Vista Home Premium product key with a Spanish Home Premium disc? I wasn't suggesting using MUI packs, these will only install on Enterprise and Ultimate as has already been mentioned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement