Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far gone when you shared the news?

Options
  • 11-03-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Just a query to you all.

When did you tell everyone you were pregnant?

Does anybody wait the whole 12 weeks anymore?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

We didn't wait 12 anyway. Maybe 7/8, then told our immediate family.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

I was never able to wait the 12 weeks. I always blurted it out at about 6 weeks. Usually was so sick anyway it was impossible to hide. On my last pregnancy I rang my best friend just after I did the pregnancy test as I was so shocked that I was pregnant (unplanned)! I don't really get the whole 12 weeks thing. If, God forbid, anything goes wrong, everyone is going to know then anyway and at least you have their support if you've already told them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

My Mam knew before I ever did a test. I was so sure I was pregnant, and I went to her and told her I thought I was - it wasn't until the next day that I actually did the pregnancy test, so she knew from the get go. Same with my Dad and siblings.

Close friends at work I told straight away too. Had to tell my boss when I was about 10 weeks because I was running to the loo constantly to heave. He was looking at me strangely when I'd come back to my desk, green and clammy looking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

My immediate family knew straight away & so did a close friend but everyone else found out after the 12 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Told immediate family & close friends in confidence pretty much as soon as we found out ourselves. We said they could make the news public after the three month scan. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Told immediate family pretty much straight away, very close friends at around 6/7 weeks. Made it general knowledge at around 11/12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

maybe 8 weeks for our parents, everyone else 12 weeks. But if you've stopped drinking alcohol, are drinking decafs, and getting sick all the time then it will be pretty obvious anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

We told everyone as soon as I found out I was pregnant at around the 6 weeks mark.

I've usually guessed correctly whenever anyone I know is pregnant before they've told anyone as a lot of pregnant women have a certain "look", I'm not talking green and sickly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Is it the harrassed look desiemum.??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bershka

you're told to wait 12 weeks as anything can happen, but anything can happen during the whole pregnancy.( i know only too well. 14 years ago today had a stillborn at 38 weeks) Dont take advice , do what YOU want to do. your mother will more than likely know anyway!! they always do. So tell everyone if it will make you happy:):) best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

bershka wrote: »
    you're told to wait 12 weeks as anything can happen, but anything can happen during the whole pregnancy.( i know only too well. 14 years ago today had a stillborn at 38 weeks) Dont take advice , do what YOU want to do. your mother will more than likely know anyway!! they always do. So tell everyone if it will make you happy:):) best of luck

Thats tough.. Very hard thing to deal with..

I waited on both my pregnancies for the 12 weeks to be up before I told everyone.. My sis though, found out a few weeks ago she was pregnant (her 2nd) and was so excited told everyone and even bought maternity clothes even though she was only a few weeks gone. Unfortunately, she bled heavily and lost the baby. She was gutted and really annoyed with herself that she had told everyone cos she had to tell them then that she lost it.

I agree with Bershka though, do whatever you want to do..

Advertisement