Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap lego sets...yay!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ehhh it's not Lego. It's a Lego-Look-a-Like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

lol....its the exact same colours, same sizes, same men, same vehicles, same sized little circles to stick them together with

so yea...its pretty much lego, it just doest have lego branding on it or come in a lego box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

The pieces dont seem to fit together quite properly in the top picture here:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10735

Maybe just shoddy construction work tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

While it may resemble Lego it certainly doesn't look like Lego, it looks like a cheap imitator which it is. It's evident when you look at too similar pieces as below:

sku_10737_2.jpg
    7890.jpg

The official Lego product looks like a much higher quality piece of kit.

OK so. You're all welcome :)

Mods feel free to close this off seeing as how its useless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I got my young lad a box of this stuff in Smyths a few weeks ago, you're right, it's not Lego - the tolerances are way off compared to the real stuff, definitely see a few gaps appearing when assembled.

However, for the price, you can't really argue - its a lot cheaper than Lego and I reckon it is a bargain if you want to get your hands on some cheap bricks for some young fella (or lassie) who may end up losing all of it in a week or two anyway. You can always 'upgrade' to the real McCoy later if they're into it.

Some of the detail is quite impressive actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

For what its worth I think it looks excellent value considering the price of lego in bricks and mortar here even if its not 100% same quality. Thanks OP.

walshki wrote: »
    For what its worth I think it looks excellent value considering the price of lego in bricks and mortar here even if its not 100% same quality. Thanks OP.

plus if you read a review of a person that bought it he says it is 100% compatible with real lego.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Anyone like to guess where lego is made?

ch750536 wrote: »
    Anyone like to guess where lego is made?

in the land of the fairies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

for the amount of this stuff that gets lost, eaten by the dog, stood on. At this price its a great find. :D

Advertisement