Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new ford mondeo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Different strokes for different folks! I think the accord like most hondas looked dated when it was released. To me hondas (design wise) always appear to be made for people nearing retirement. I know they are well engineered cars but they could do with more design flair , apart from the civic which looks like a car that drove through halfords covered in glue that had'nt set. I know I'm going to have the boy racer fraternity after me , but how many of them drive standard looking civics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

groupb wrote: »
    I know I'm going to have the boy racer fraternity after me , but how many of them drive standard looking civics?
    Dont mention those boy racer idiots. Fools in toy cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

E92 wrote: »
    The 6 is similar enough to the Ford it would seem in terms of how it's going down in the car mags. Nothing wrong with that though. 6's are a bit basic though, whats with no front fog lights as standard till you go for a Sport trim? And no auto dimming rear view mirrors, auto wipers etc till you go for a Sport SE.

The 159 is only getting a facelift. Nothing dramatic.

iDrive is not standard on the 3 series fortunately.

I've heard that the 6 is very light, though and the mondeo is the opposite.That makes a difference in a lot of area's especially in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Toyotas are very light and that hasn't stopped them from selling by the bucketload here.

The average Joe doesn't really care IMO, and in any event future cars will all be going on a diet to try and get their CO2 emissions down.

The 6 is ahead of the posse really, and it gets favourable treatment under the new VRT system as a result. The 2.0 petrol is in 24% VRT, the 1.6 Mondeo is in 28% VRT, the 2.0 diesel 6 is 20% VRT, while the Mondeo 2.0 TDCi is 24% VRT for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

I'm picking up a 2 litre petrol Titanium X tomorrow. Had a test drive last week and was very impressed with drive and quality. It's an '07 with only 3k on it (belonged to a retired person). Got €7k off new price plus a good trade in on my '01 Mondeo. As with the '01, I intend to keep it for at least 7-8 years if not more, so residual value versus a diesel won't be too much of an issue, and the price saving over a new or nearly new diesel will offset the increased tax and fuel costs. (or at least that's what I'm telling myself!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Advertisement