Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Each forum has a daily quota afaik. Feedback must have already met it's allocation.
    no i was up to 18 thanks and i spread them around
    they got deleted

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think mine might be disabled. Somebody try to give me thanks and take it away?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. yours is disabled alright Tar (so is rbd).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think mine might be disabled. Somebody try to give me thanks and take it away?
    Can't give you thanks.

Believe me, I tried :)

I can't thank rbd either, but CAN thank Mr M.

Looks like some are more equal than others.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The option isn't there Tar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

No chance, greedy! Coming here looking for thanks...

Go and earn it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

No chance, greedy! Coming here looking for thanks...

Go and earn it properly.

yer missing the whole point

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You only get 10 every 24 hours don't you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Damn. I'm sorry CuLT. It was all in good fun, just an excuse to beat up the Irish.

janeybabe wrote: »
    You only get 10 every 24 hours don't you?

Yeah, but I haven't used that much. Is there a recieving limit?
    I had over 20 in one post :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah, but I haven't used that much. Is there a recieving limit?
    I had over 20 in one post :P

It's a strange one alright. Maybe there is a receiving limit. Maybe Cult doesn't want you to get too big an ego? :p

Far too late ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Note that starting a thread looking for thanks, or adding a "Why didn't anyone thank me" post and so on to a thread, may result in a ban and/or infraction from the forum moderator.

Enforcement is at the discretion of the forum mod, YMMV, etc.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Has this changed in some form? I can still see the button to give thanks (be to your deity), and I can still see who has thanked a person. I can't see how often someone has been thanked though but I could this morning. Has this bit of it been removed? No harm if it has, but just interested.

I can't see any of it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks, but no thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

what the hell?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

5starpool wrote: »
    Has this changed in some form? I can still see the button to give thanks (be to your deity), and I can still see who has thanked a person. I can't see how often someone has been thanked though but I could this morning. Has this bit of it been removed? No harm if it has, but just interested.

The "thanked x times in x posts" bit has been removed from below your avatar in a bid to reduce thanks-whoring and competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

My crystal ball is humming along nicely, at least.

Is there going to be a feature added on boards.ie -> Top Statistics where you can view who has recieved the most thanks?

Thank you :)
    seamus wrote: »
    Note that starting a thread looking for thanks, or adding a "Why didn't anyone thank me" post and so on to a thread, may result in a ban and/or infraction from the forum moderator.

Enforcement is at the discretion of the forum mod, YMMV, etc.

It should result in a forum-ban and continuous doing so would result in a site-ban. There should be a no-tolerance about it, really.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Is there going to be a feature added on boards.ie -> Top Statistics where you can view who has recieved the most thanks?

Thank you :)
    Nope!

CuLT wrote: »
    Nope!

May be sounding naive here, but why not? Or is there no reason really.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can I have my 'thanks' option back please?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

May be sounding naive here, but why not? Or is there no reason really.
    Because this isn't a feature to be used for "scoring" people. By evaluting and listing peoples' "thanks scores", you encourage whoring and posting just to get thanks.

Both rep and karma were ruined because people spammed purely to get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

you can still see thanks received in your profile.

seamus wrote: »
    Because this isn't a feature to be used for "scoring" people. By evaluting and listing peoples' "thanks scores", you encourage whoring and posting just to get thanks.

Both rep and karma were ruined because people spammed purely to get more.

Thats a fair point. I hadn't realised that.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Can I have my 'thanks' option back please?

What Xavi6 meant to say was, would you please give the Thanks option back to Tar.Aldarion, I love him so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I like that you can no longer see the thanks. This may actually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Boston wrote: »
    I like that you can no longer see the thanks. This may actually work.
    Yep.. I agree.

The 'Thanks' message under the avatar was a bit daft, and would have been prone to "whoooooooring"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

You still see it below all the posts. It's just gone from below the avatar.

Would there be a neater way of putting it in maybe the bar that has post number, timestamp etc? It might make the 'thread flow' easier to read instead of having it in a box of its own below the post.

Advertisement