Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flashing my w880i with 3's software

• 11-03-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I have a skype phone but I want to use the 3 sim in my unbranded SE w880i.

I can make calls/send texts/browse the web.

But I can't download anything off the 3 site, or watch video content, use MSN or skype.

I believe this is because my w880i doesn't have the Three java security certificates installed on it.

I went into the 3 store on Grafton Street and I was instantly told 'A three sim won't work in that phone' (despite the fact they SELL w880i's!). I explained it does work, but I need it flashed with the 3 software and can they do this in store? He said i'd have to send it off to their repair centre, which takes a week.

Does anyone know if I can download these java certs from somewhere, or if there are any phone shops in town that will flash my phone with the 3 software?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

you can reflash it yourself using Davinci

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

billbond4 wrote: »
    you can reflash it yourself using Davinci

That site only seems to help with debranding phones.

I don't want to do this. I want to get the 3 version of the firmware for the w880i.

If you can point me to somewhere on that site that has that firmware, i'd appreciate it :pac:

Search for W880 and its the R1KG001 version.
    W880i R1KG001 CID52 3 IRELAND HUTCH_1

Theres also, one on W880i R1KC001 CID52

Sweet - thank you so much!

edit: how exactly do I download the firmware? I can find it, but there's no link or option to purchase it?

The "Buy it now" on the home page.
    Check to see how many credits you need first.
    Then just download the DaVinci Client and flash drivers and away you go.

• Advertisement

Theres also, one on W880i R1KC001 CID52

I don't get this option when I connect my phone up to the Davinci client.

Am I doing something wrong? Do you need to download that specific firmware from somewhere before you launch the client?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Click on advanced options and it will show a list of all W880i files and choose it from there

Advertisement