Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Warrantee period- be warned

Options
  • 11-03-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

VW offer a 2 year warranty but be warned........but as I discovered there are a few catches...

I have a persistant problem with my front suspension, it's been in under warranty twice but the problem still comes back.

Now my warranty expires soon and so I wanted to get in one last time, but there was no date available before my warranty expires.... so guess what...no warranty repair...... I tried to argue but no, the manager was firm on this.

Seems to me that VW (Park Motors) have their head up their a** when it comes to customer service.

Surely if I report a problem before the end of warranty that's enough, particularly a repeat problem.

note to self, NEVER EVER go near Park Motors again....:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

If you notify them within your warranty then it is covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Go up the road to Bradys.

Is it a MKV Golf by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Try to get in to Brady's of Castleknock. Usually shorter waiting times than MSL, and feedback about them is about 1000% better.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Your garage are taking the mick... As long as it was first reported under warrently you are covered.

Indeed I have had things replaced in the past on "goodwill" by the garage out of warrenty as they were deemed to be faults with parts that should not fail.

All it took was the garage to go an extra little bit to provide actual customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Funny identicial problem with Park Motors with regards gear box mounting breaking in 04 caddy van in work, we brought it in, aug05, under warrenty they replaced it but doing a jim'll fix it job.

It'll do for the time being we'll get the proper part in, Kept contacting them again and again, until the warrenty ran out then they were having none of it!
    So an independant garage did the fix during a service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That is an absolute joke. What's the service manager's name? I'd get stuck into him sideways in front of as many customers and staff as possible. You might want to call MSL too, inept as they are they might still find it within themselves to set him straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭10-10-20

As pointed out above, the warranty is valid if the fault is reported within the warranty period. No amount of delays on the garrage's side will negate this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

10-10-20 wrote: »
    As pointed out above, the warranty is valid if the fault is reported within the warranty period. No amount of delays on the garrage's side will negate this.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Well I called MSL and spoke with the customer service manager who informed me that the garage should have opened a "job card" on the problem, then it would not matter when I actually got the car in.

Funny that Park never offered to do this.

Anyway MSL have noted the problem and so if I have problems I can go back to them.

In the meantime I've booked it into another VW garage before the end of warranty date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

trackerman, for what it's worth, Park Motors are also part of the MSL chain.

It might be worth your while to call MDL (Irish VW importer) and explain your problem - 01 409 4444. Ask for VW customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I would have my solicitor on it. Crazy stuff that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This is disgraceful after sales treatment.

OP I'd take this to VW myself, these cowboys should not be selling a brand if they are incapable of providing a professional after sales service. If enough customers took their business elsewhere then this shower of muppets would soon loose their franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

crosstownk wrote: »
    trackerman, for what it's worth, Park Motors are also part of the MSL chain.

It might be worth your while to call MDL (Irish VW importer) and explain your problem - 01 409 4444. Ask for VW customer service.

MSL are wholly owned by MDL IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I wouldn't arse myself going to VW Ireland. MDL import them, MSL sell some of them, and as Oilrig pointed out, they are all owned by the O'Flaherty family(and just to be clear it's not 2 different families with the same surname), so it's the same thing really.

VW are ditching MDL in October though and dealing direct from then on(as are Audi and Skoda, dunno about Seat as those were always distributed by a different company namely OHM).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It should also be under warranty anyway providing the same part was replaced in the previous 12 months, whether the original warranty was intact or not. I know that's certainly the legal standpoint as regards mobile phone repair anyway (i.e a new 12 month waranty for the part come into place when you get it back).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

ninty9er wrote: »
    It should also be under warranty anyway providing the same part was replaced in the previous 12 months, whether the original warranty was intact or not. I know that's certainly the legal standpoint as regards mobile phone repair anyway (i.e a new 12 month waranty for the part come into place when you get it back).

I do not think that is the case, unless you contribute in some way financially to the cost of the repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Park are the biggest shower of w@nkers (excuse me, but I'm still furious 18 months on). They messed my brother around for over 3 months, before a solicitor was involved to get things resolved & to get what he was entitled to. This was on a new 06 Golf Sportline which needed warranty work for electrics/flat battery's, steering rack, suspension <-- he gave it back in the end. Piece of sh!t.

Advertisement