Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tra fest 2008

• 11-03-2008 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

if the fest goes a head this year who would u like to see playing on the stages
    and what would make it better? any suggestions:):):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The Disconauts last year were brilliant - i'd love to see them back

Bringing back outdoor acts would be great too

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ogankav

it looks like people on boards dont give a flyin f##k about this! thanks to the lad who posted back the discons are not about this year but we did have them 4 the last 3 years in a row,they are one the best live acts around,still waiting on the sponsor thing to be resolved nothing yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

if trafest goes ahead i can promise loads of outdoor stages and gigs as before and more !!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ogankav wrote: »
    it looks like people on boards dont give a flyin f##k about this! thanks to the lad who posted back the discons are not about this year but we did have them 4 the last 3 years in a row,they are one the best live acts around,still waiting on the sponsor thing to be resolved nothing yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

The Waterford County forum is always pretty quiet.. a lot of important topics disapear or go un noticed. You would probably get a better response to this on UpTheDeise which is a big forum dedicated to Waterford, topics like this will get more attention there.

tanx sully will have a look:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

get outdoor stages. it's not really a festival without the outdoor gigs on the streets.

i'd love to see an act like the disconauts or other dj's playing tunes on an outdoor stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sc0ttie

Hello! Is Tra Fest taking place this year? If so, on what dates?:confused:

Tra Fest WAS originally an 'out doors' events and idiots have came in and took over and now are saying that no out door stages will be going up! Shame on these people - if this is the case then they really shall have to come up with another name for their 'festival' - it is defo NOT Tra Fest. :mad:

Tra Fest is about listening to bands on the stages out doors with your 'carry out' in a bag! Not sitting in a pub - like everyother weekend in Tramore!

Then perhaps your "Carryout" shop should pay for some bands rather than pubs contributing money towards them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

pubs make enough f*ckin money as it is, its not trafest unless its outside, whats changed in the last couple of years that we cant have a street festival?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sc0ttie wrote: »
    Hello! Is Tra Fest taking place this year? If so, on what dates?:confused:

See: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055253270
    Tra Fest WAS originally an 'out doors' events and idiots have came in and took over and now are saying that no out door stages will be going up! Shame on these people - if this is the case then they really shall have to come up with another name for their 'festival' - it is defo NOT Tra Fest. :mad:

Having spoken to the organiser, thats incorrect. The "idiots" intend on having a street festival if they can get the cash. ie a sponsor.
    Tra Fest is about listening to bands on the stages out doors with your 'carry out' in a bag! Not sitting in a pub - like everyother weekend in Tramore!

I assume your not plugging the local off licence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Saw Doctors!:p

kano476 wrote: »
    pubs make enough f*ckin money as it is, its not trafest unless its outside, whats changed in the last couple of years that we cant have a street festival?
    Whats changed is that pubs pay a lot of the cost towards the cost of bands, security, equipment, stages etc. The sponsor only covers a bit of this.

If you owned a pub would you pay for a band to play in the street if everyone was just going to buy cans from an off licence and not bring any more money in to your pub?

kano476 wrote: »

I am of the same opinion as Kano476.

The pubs are still very busy and once the bands are finished - where does everyone go? .............To the pub!

The pubs make their money - Tra Fest would not have lasted this long unless the pubs were making their money!

Sc0ttie wrote: »
    I am of the same opinion as Kano476.

The pubs are still very busy and once the bands are finished - where does everyone go? .............To the pub!

The pubs make their money - Tra Fest would not have lasted this long unless the pubs were making their money!
    Yeah people do go to the pub, because usually the pub has another band playing that night

The pubs felt last year they might make just as much by just having bands indoors

I see their point - they just cannot call it Tra Fest - In my opinion it is ALL OR NOTHING.

Having the bands on inside the pubs is just another weekend in Tramore.

P.S. Cassidy are a great band!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

I had a disscussion with guy on this the other day and would love to be in charge of putting this together for this year but its Tv Honan i think from Spraoi correct me if im Wrong

I would stage it different

Pubs need to get a good bang from it all but some of it is too spread out to be honest and i feel that if the stage is located in the area of the pub thye should contribute something towards costs .

I would have three stage areas on the flat as normal by O sheas at the top of main street at the turn outside the Track Bookies and in the Carpark located behind Freddies which would be the main stage .

With sponsorship i feel the town commisioners should be rallying this for support and getting behind it as tramore needs to have a focal pt or something that makes people aware we are still there like the Jazz Festival in Cork

3 days maybe on a bank Holiday if at all possible

Main Stage and attraction would be Ocean Colour scene which i feel could attract a great crowd also Aslan i know they are dated but families could appeal to coming down for the weekend and seeing them for free and would attract alot of Dublin.

O sheas Stage i would put something different on and maybe get Go Deep and Republik on the saturday and have a mix for everyone to get down and attract people out ..

Main St Stages i would keep traditional to a point and keep within an Irsh theme like the Buttrfly Band maybe and Christy Moore Tribute and maybe zoo2 tribute band

Inside the pubs during the saturday i would encourage pubs to get Different acts on not alone just bands Hypnotists Comedians etc

Any hope it aint dead Tramore needs a boost

Local Bands as per Norm would be included in the pub Trail also

Again all this would need a decent sponsor but would be huge for the town

I think a decent sponsor along with smaller sponsors would be ideal.

Sully wrote: »
    I think a decent sponsor along with smaller sponsors would be ideal.

that's what was done for the World Oceans Festival - there were 3 levels of sponsorship: gold, silver and bronze. obviously gold was the dearest but the sponsor gets better PR etc for it.

i don't have a clue what kind of money is needed but surely some of the big businesses in Tramore, along with a few other smaller contributors could pull together enough money to run the festival.

That festival, afaik, is no longer going ahead due to a certain group in the town pulling out.

i didn't think it even ran the last few years. thought it just ran in 2004 and 2005.

• Advertisement

i didn't think it even ran the last few years. thought it just ran in 2004 and 2005.

Was here in 2006 also.

From reading the Waterford People, it looks like the bell has finally been rang and the Tra Fest can no longer continue due to them being unable to find a sponsor.

ye i will correct u ,u havent a clue by the the sounds of things,1.do u know how much we get from sponser?emmmm no! 2.do u know how much ocs are ?eeemmmm no i do 3.its not as easy as u proposed ya flute! insurance! do u have 30 grand ish! emm 4.i like u ideas on stages and stuff oh i think i kinda did that !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh i f~~~~kin hate people talkin about stuff they dont know a thing about

lol

you're criticising someone for "talkin about stuff they don't know about" yet you can't even construct a few sentences that make sense.

hang on a sec, your username sounds familiar, you're not a Spurs fan by any chance????

ogan: Please can you learn to type and not use excessive eclimation marks or txt speak? Txt speak is against the forum charter in most forums.

I assume the event is officaly cancelled?

no not yet:(

no not yet:(

But the Waterford People said it had been? :S

just cause the papers say so does that mean its true........well they called me,tv and some others ..yes we have no sponsor and it looks grim but we will be doing something this year,but what still remains unanswered....ta
    as far as i know no one said it was finished to the papers!

its all over people no trafest for 2008:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    thanks very much to all at boards for there help ,sorry about my typing skills:)

ah that's terrible news.

was there any applications sent to Failte Ireland for funding for Trafest? all other festivals need funding along with sponsorship, and all other festivals are going ahead year after year no problem. how many people are involved in organising Trafest? when do you start planning it?

can there not even be Trafest with just a load of indoor pub gigs only, that way the only costs are the flyers and other PR, which would be easily to get sponsorship for.

ah that's terrible news.

was there any applications sent to Failte Ireland for funding for Trafest? all other festivals need funding along with sponsorship, and all other festivals are going ahead year after year no problem. how many people are involved in organising Trafest? when do you start planning it?

can there not even be Trafest with just a load of indoor pub gigs only, that way the only costs are the flyers and other PR, which would be easily to get sponsorship for.

trying to sort out some sort of fest on a smaller scale ,i have to wait until the next vintners meeting to see whats going to happen:(

• Advertisement

No point in asking local businesses to sponsor you no?

Sully wrote: »
    No point in asking local businesses to sponsor you no?
    Pubs have been contributing significant amounts to this all along, perhaps they don't feel it is of enough benefit to them to contribute any more

It doesnt bring a lot to many other businesses in the town, apart from perhaps take-aways, accomodation and off-licences, so maybe the majority of businesses in the town don't feel like they should contribute towards it

Pubs have been contributing significant amounts to this all along, perhaps they don't feel it is of enough benefit to them to contribute any more

I didn't go to Tra Fest from the time it stopped being on the streets and having worked during the festival, I know the pubs are mobbed. They had bands in themselves so people went from the street into the pub. I would be very surprised to think they didn't get much out of it!
    It doesnt bring a lot to many other businesses in the town, apart from perhaps take-aways, accomodation and off-licences, so maybe the majority of businesses in the town don't feel like they should contribute towards it

Tramore is made up of accommodation, pubs, off-licenses, restaurants and take ways (oh and estate agents :P). The large majority of businesses in Tramore should do well, as the Tra Fest draws in a crowd (and could draw in a bigger crowd if it was promoted well).

Perhaps South East Tourism or some big tourism group like that could be a big sponsor?

Advertisement